POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

so you would call the decades prior "open borders."

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Do you have a point with this? What if I say yes? Situations change.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

well holy shit. situations change! (with immigrants, but not firearms)

4. RockyHill

Please go find my posts that line up with the insinuation there on guns or f**k right off.

Edit: it would appear you did not have a point

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

here you go.

6. RockyHill

There’s nothing there man

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

read the last damn sentence. you have been contradicting yourself like crazy today.

8. RockyHill

Make a clear point and I’ll try to answer. What are you objecting too? I called it a recent trend. I’ve said I’m not opposed to changing gun laws. I still don’t know what your point was about immigration changing but not guns.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

you argued Americans call bullshit on gun control because they've had them for 60 years. meanwhile, reversing immigration changes of the last 2 years to what they were the previous several decades is "open borders" because you say it is. even though the new policies have not translated to reduced illegal immigration, and gun ownership and population density has increased over the last 60 years.

hell, I don't know what will stop the shootings. it has become political, so no real change can occur.

10. RockyHill

Not really a coherent point there but for starters I’ll say again that crossing did not become a crime in 2017 and you know it’s absurd to just say that illegal immigration didn’t decrease and not acknowledge that there isn’t a fixed amount of people trying to cross each year.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

classifying it as a criminal offense regardless of circumstance absolutely started in 2017, the DOJ announced the change.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Restarted, perhaps?

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fair.

How’s the alternative - simply releasing them into the US to await a court date - worked out, thus far?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

very well, actually.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m not sure.

Some time back I looked into it and read about highly successful programs involving mentoring and electronic tracking.

I found this today. But I’m completely aware it’s single source and couldn’t argue its veracity.

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/re...s-regularly-attend-immigration-court-hearings

16. RockyHill

You’re wrong, google it.

17. Tenacious D

I don’t see the correlation between gun control and illegal immigration, no matter who is making the argument, or why.

People are calling bullshit on gun control because it’s an undue infringement on a constitutional right - and which SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled unconstitutional.

What rights of others would you support being infringed upon for the vast majority of those who freely and lawfully exercise it, as the result of the infinitesimally small, rogue and psychotic few?

Do we infringe the free speech of all, because some but yelled “Fire!” in a theatre?

Do we infringe the right of peaceable assembly and protest to all, because some racist nut jobs took the streets in Charlottesville?

Do we say that because InfoWars and CNN too far and expertly blurs the line between entertainment and journalism, that the totality of the freedom of the bonafide press should somehow then be infringed, too?

Perhaps it’s exactly because the Framers saw the right to bear arms as being both foundational and necessary to our society and system of government that they enshrined it in the 2nd Amendment, and specifically so as to ensure it’s protection from those who they know would wish to infringe upon it, later.

I don’t see how the constitutionally guaranteed rights of Americans to keep and bear arms is in any way related to the rights of alien others to illegally cross our border.

18. Tenacious D

This seems an important caveat to your point, and one which we may not wish to miss.

Are you saying that it was illegal for unauthorized persons to cross the border before 2017, IP?

Can you expound on this specific section of your post, please?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

ah, so nothing has changed, and Obama too was strong on immigration?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

it has always been illegal to enter into the US without declaring one's self. it has not always been a criminal offense regardless of circumstances, and not a criminal offense if applying for amnesty. it could still be a civil defense.

now that it is a criminal offense, why has illegal immigration not only continued but increased?