POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To you and me; however I suspect that is exactly what a white nationalist hears.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you are missing anything. I think the point is that its current configuration within the Department of Homeland Security has been detrimental to it serving as law enforcement.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Really; What exactly are they doing to curb the flow of illegals?

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah I freaking get it IP. They won’t come out and say they want fully open borders because they can’t.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Y'all can correct me if I am mischaracterizing your thoughts but it sounds like I am hearing:

It does not matter what Democrats say and do to play into the paranoia of White Nationalist. It only matters what Trump says.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

To me, there's a difference between humanizing and dehumanizing people, one which is aside from the legal question. Saying these people aren't illegal and this "triggering" a white nationalist terrorist is much different than saying there is an invasion of undesirables. Of course, in my opinion, it's fair play to say the Democrats are just pandering for votes or are on the wrong path to dealing with the problem, but I don't think the rhetoric is a problem.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’s not what I’m intending to say.

And I do understand your point that rhetoric that makes it seem as if Democrats have no interest in controlling immigration would cause fear of those democrats and possibly cause someone to say if you won’t do something about it then I will.

It’s not the same with regard to the underlying question, but it’s similar to a white supremacist saying he’ll take care of the black problem in 1950 as civil rights laws were discussed.

But, I’m pointing to the larger difference of language. The president could advocate for a tighter border all day long without using some of the language he chooses to use. And to also do more than laugh off a crowd saying shoot them.

It would be like the difference between saying you should abolish ICE and ICE agents are evil people

8. TennTradition

I agree with most of this. The dems are absolutely using these people (as well).

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

what was it you said about putting words in mouths?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The idea of working at the source to prevent people from feeling like they needed to risk their lives and families on a 2,000 mile trek has been brought up. As has electronic/modern border enforcement and monitoring.

How are the mass imprisonment, separating families, violating international law, and denying rights working so far? What's after that?

Surely the wall is almost done, right? It was going to be a snap. It's almost like all that shit is just feel good folksy "common sense" bullshit that doesn't actually work. Almost.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Providing them unfettered access, free entitlements and promises of citizenship, and businesses and individuals hiring them, have spurred this tide.

Electronic monitoring systems can be easily and secretly disabled / adjusted - walls can’t. Whomever removes it later will have to do so in the bright light of day.

Those detained at the southern border can leave at any time, of their own choosing, back to Mexico. Of course, they can also and easily avoid the detention centers altogether, by simply not illegally crossing our border.

The funds to build the wall were just liquidated late last week. You won’t be [itch bay]ing about the speed by which it goes up, going forward.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can you tell me when our government has gone to another country and made it safe? And tell me when we did what we thought was best at the time, we didn't talk shit about the government for screwing that nation up worse?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remove what wall? Where is it? He hasn't actually built a single mile of new wall. You're being flim-flammed.

Are you sure about that claim that the detained can leave for Mexico at any time? I am unaware of this. In fact, I believe it is not accurate.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Germany and Japan come to mind. W. Bush's AIDS work was a big success.

Can you list some of the times we ever went in with good intentions and it failed? Don't confuse invasions with building.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, hell, Trump is building a wall that will solve it all. We are almost 3 years in, it should be done by 2020, right? Surely all these problems with easy conservative solutions will be solved since it is as simple as a wall. Got the Senate and the WH, had the House 2 years, too. What's the problem? All the answers and snark, and here we are.

The Dooz likes this.
  16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How do we take care of the drug cartel problems in central America? Be nice guys to people that cut parts off of living humans until they're dead? Sounds good, it's how we take care of babies we don't want, right?

17. TennTradition

Or asking for asylum at a legal border crossing - when that was still allowed.

18. RockyHill

Well you see you were and I’m not. I know you’re a smart guy, plenty smart enough to know that you don’t have to explicitly advocate for open borders for your words and the content of policy proposals to be reasonably interpreted as pushing us towards an open Southern border.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

you literally are putting words in mouths.

20. RockyHill

I’m not. I acknowledge that I don’t believe Democrats running, let’s say Elizabeth Warren as an example, have said “I support open borders”. I can however go find ample evidence that their policy proposals will work towards that end without saying.

-Decriminalize crossing
    -Eliminate detention centers
    -Expand asylum (I don’t know for certain that this is proposed to include the average Central American whose crossing the border)

What do these things do?