POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who gives a shit if that's true or not? Or, better yet, it's not the job of the government, especially the president, to monitor their levels of like or dislike of him or what he does. Trying to undermine media because they aren't as compliant or positive as you'd like is petty, third world dictator shit as it gets to pulling out the "dirty tricks" crew. I didn't like it when Obama tried to stop Fox News from participating in White House press conferences and I don't like the way that sort of stuff, on steroids, is going on now. It is our jobs as citizens to monitor and interact with the media, not the job of the government and their surrogates to determine if a media outlet or journalist is too biased for their liking.

tvolsfan, The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree with you. I was watching a HLN documentary last night that included CNN coverage of the Susan Smith story. It was actually news coverage. Now it is commentary masquerading around as media. Real news media should be protected. Commentators parading around as media (i.e. Hannity, Lemon, O,Donnell, et al) are open to the criticism.

3. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

This eloquently describes my hatred of Woodrow Wilson. ;)

4. Unimane

And, possibly, John Adams, even though he was not enthusiastic about it?

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I meant media

6. TheOrangeEmpire

Right there with you.

7. Unimane

Watched this special last night and it was [dadgum] amazing.

8. Unimane

He is probably the most respected comedian among his peers. He can weave a story like no one today and can make all kinds of topics hilarious. Most comedians find their niche and hit on certain topics, but he's everywhere.

9. Unimane

This certainly seems like a reasonable thing to say as a hurricane bears down on the island.

tvolsfan likes this.
  10. TheOrangeEmpire

To think old boy is sitting with his elbows on the resolute desk using twitter.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

As he eats his sausage egg and cheese biscuit with a fork.

Which may actually be his worst quality.

NorrisAlan and RockyHill like this.
  12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

His following tweet called himself the best thing to ever happen to Puerto Rico.

13. TheOrangeEmpire

He is a yankee, it would be quiche and the fork would be gold.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

inexcusable and shameful.

Unimane likes this.
  15. TheOrangeEmpire

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hands are too small to grasp it properly.

tvolsfan, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, I am not sure what this is and why it has suddenly become a thing. Any explanation from the White House on why this is being implemented and what it is intended to fix?

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’s pretty specific about the families that would be affected. It has something to do with length of time spent in US. It certainly doesn’t seem like it is meant to apply to someone born in the US, deployed abroad with family, and their kids born abroad. Also apparently those affected can still apply for citizenship, it just wouldn’t be automatic. But I’d like to see full details to better understand.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, that is how I read it. Basically, if you were born in Germany to a US Parent and a German parent, and never lived in the USA, your kids would not automatically be US citizens.