The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's a 7 or 8 win guy consistently.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

True as a DC which is why I am so disappointed in our Defense. They look lost. Line can't get a pass rush or hold an edge, DBs can't cover (need a first down then simply run a slant on us), LBs look confused.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Allow Cheney to open up his playbook.

4. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

Y’all are so cute when you’re trying so hard to be “glass half full”

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Which is why we shouldn't have extended him, but we did. And if we were going to fire him, we should have done it in November, buyout be damned. But instead we half assed it with this investigation and nothing major came of it, so we just made a mockery of ourselves.

EDIT: The last 3/4 of this statement is just my general feeling, not directed at you jg

justingroves likes this.
  6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The real collapse was extending a guy that lost to BYU and Ga St at home, but who's counting

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I feel exactly the same as you, let it out

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Very clear that we're holding out for the publicity of a pre super bowl announcement. Smart IMO.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I love that conventional wisdom suggests any sane sane person would do A. Then we do F. No...wait, I hate that.

i have about 18hrs of hope left. I am just going to try to enjoy it. But I admit it. If Pruitt is here in 21 I do hope it’s catastrophically bad. Part of that is the hope the AD has to deal with their buffoonery.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you think there will be any consequences to that, you haven't paid attention and the lessons will continue.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The problem is no one is expecting a collapse. We’re expecting the continuation of what has already happened. We just watched the collapse man. Proof is there.

12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Except for when hes coming off an 8 win season with most of his players returning?

TDVol1989 likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, that was a terrible decision. Makes you wonder if Phil made similar decisions at his previous AD jobs...

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Covid [uck fay]ed a few teams. I don't think he's a championship level coach, but I'm not judging his entire tenure on this season.

Lexvol, Memtownvol and ptclaus98 like this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

i have long since realized the Utad doesn’t learn but their pain is my joy at this point

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I want to have hope, but this timeline keeps getting moved back.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Unrelated but worth posting anyway.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Oh [uck fay] that trumpet [uck fay]ing midget

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He went from touting that he was leading us into the "decade of the Vols" to fielding one of the more sorry outfits in college football while nonchalantly staring from the sidelines like a dimwitted goober. The best you could say about year 3 of his tenure is that he shamelessly mailed it in to an extent that every last one of us momentarily considered that he may be throwing games to settle a gambling debt.

Edit: to address your belief that he could still consistently win 8 here, I don't see it. The Pruitt of 18 & 19? Sure, but you don't look the way he and his team did in '20 without there being some serious issues that likely cannot be fixed before being relieved of duties.

TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had a few assistants mail it
    His boss told him to get through this season, record be damned and he had a few assistants not do a thing for 9 months. I don't think he's a championship level coach, but he's a lot better than the 2020 season showed.

With all that being said, had he been fired immediately after TAMU, I wouldn't have complained either.