OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I had two grandparents who served in war. So I was taught a bit about gun safety.

My son has zero grandparents who served in war.

I alone can't match, to him, what I got. I can do my best. But we did not grow up the same, so, I can't just do it the way I was done.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My parents were teenagers when they had me, they were figuring it out as we went

fl0at_ likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Even if they were 40, they'd be figuring out as they went.

My 11 year old is probably too responsible for am 11 year old. We've left him at home for short stints of time since he was 8.

My 8 year old daughter? Not sure I'll let her go anywhere without us until she's 25. Not because she's a girl, but because I'm not sure she'd be able to find her way home.

justingroves likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When my mom got sick, it fell to my wife to stay with her and help out. I would take the kids to school in the morning (no bus), and they would walk home in the afternoon. Being a private school, I expected at least someone to stop the kids and tell them they weren't allowed to walk home from school, but I didn't expect it to happen four or five times in the first two weeks. The kids were already teenagers at that point. What's ironic is both were on the cross country team, and one of the team's training routes took them directly by our house. The headmaster told me to have them find him after the second time. He was okay with it, but his teachers overseeing departures were not.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

When I was a kid and we lived in a neighborhood, we played outside until dark and no one ever said anything to us. Since moving to a neighborhood, every time kids walk by or ride bikes around, one of the neighbors emerges and asks them where they live, where their parents are, and tells them to go home... It's like... What? Mind your own business.

chavisut, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Our subdivision has a Facebook page. 90% of the posts are people posting "There were a group of teens walking north on ABC Street. Be vigilant and keep an eye on your property." Apparently, every youth that lives in my neighborhood is a burglar.

justingroves likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

You are in Halls.

8. CardinalVol

I am thankful to live in a neighborhood that is like what you grew up in. All our kids have to do is tell us which house they are going to be at in case we need them.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Worse. Powell.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm 50 so whatever that label is, I'm not

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bunch of paranoid people in the world.

12. CardinalVol

Oh Lord. Yeah, I'd be posting the same stuff.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Media and social media doesn’t help on the over protecting parenting stuff and making people think there’s danger everywhere.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, tax day extended a month. Praise the Lord.

15. NorrisAlan

Look at Card's poor right hand!

[​IMG]

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Always wanted to get the dogs to the beach. Got to this week. One shit with excitement and the crazy one was like a baby

Attached Files:

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Just another month of misery, no?

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Nice. I had to put one down today. It was time, but, always sucks.

19. CardinalVol

Nope.

Let's me get the smaller stuff done by 4 15 and then gives me a month buffer on the more complicated ones.

20. NorrisAlan

Sorry to hear that, my friend. I am getting the itch to get another dog.