OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Put one done last year, put one down this year, and the final one is developing a wheeze.

I don't want dogs for a while.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I understand. My dog died last June and I knew it would be some time before I could even think about getting another one. But that desire is slowly starting to enter the back of my mind.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My heart hurts a little today. I get misty eyed any time I see documentaries on D ick and Rick Hoyt. What a man.

Tenacious D, IP and VolDad like this.
  4. fl0at_

That sucks. I remember reading where Rick said if he could have one wish, it would be that he was able to get out and push.

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That sucks. Gotta get back in the game and save ones life soon..

IP likes this.
  6. fl0at_

I told the wife I'm not getting another dog. We'll see.

7. Ssmiff

Oh man that sucks. We have always wanted 2 dogs around. Gotta tell you when we went thru the stuff with my wife, they sensed it and helped us in dark times.
    There are many out there in need of a good home. They give too much unconditional love to not keep around imo, even though the pain of what you had to do truly sucks.

IP likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've had my beagle for 14 years. She's getting very gimpy, grows tumors and cysts like its her job, is blind, mostly deaf, but still ravenously hungry and ready to raise hell with wildlife. It is going to be hard to get another dog when she goes. But I am sure we will eventually.

9. Ssmiff

their spirit sticks around. We had one pass from a bad accident in front of our home. Fluke deal while my wife was getting groceries out of the car. We were sad, mad, you name it. Then 5 days later, I shit you not, on a cold morning, a white dove appeared on my deck. I was cleaning out the small cage for the dog and about to toss it. I put the cage by the door, opened the door, and the dove flew in it. Stayed the night and slept. Opened the cage the next morn which was a little bit warmer. He flew out, sat on the patio, looked at me then flew off. Never in 20 years here have i seen a white dove. Fluke? maybe, but I don't think so. The peace that came over me is hard to explain. We went and got a little rescue runt the next day and he's been like a family member.
    Theres something else out there in the animal world and I want to be as much of a part of it as possible.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I get a lot of peace from wildlife and pets. Been starting up a fish tank in my office for the first time in a decade.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah there's no way I'd live full time in a city again.

I like being able to go enjoy city life for a bit, but not my thing full time.

lylsmorr likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agreed. I like being close enough to drive in for a day, but no way am I living in the thick of it.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So apparently Robin Williams improv’d so much while filming Mrs Doubtfire that R and NC-17 cuts exist

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

NC-17 huh? Wonder what that entails because I defo had a thing for Sally Field around that time...

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would rather be in the woods watching the sun rise than anywhere else.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Took me three hours, pushed my calluses to their limits, and required my daughter teaching me a couple of vocal progressions in a song, but I am finally ready for tomorrow. A lockdown, a (somewhat overly) cautious quarantine, and a third person having all of their musical gear packed up this past week for their trip back to the States has me playing and singing solo in the morning for the church's men's (not actually having because of COVID) breakfast. I got tagged with doing it last night. It's been almost two years since I have been mic'd and sang on stage, and solo? That's easily been over a decade.

17. fl0at_

You got this hippie. Just remember to sing in the right language.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just don’t forget the words. One time I sang “rassle” instead of “wrestle” which was an improvement

19. fl0at_

I stopped asking "when" a long time ago. Now I'm just enjoying the journey...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Why.PNG
      Why.PNG
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

the shooting in boulder weirds me out. I used to go to that grocery store all the time when working at a place nearby. would get sodas, snacks, and lunch there when heading out on the road for the day. that grocery store could have been any grocery store.