POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Bottom line, she's wrong just as Trump was. I don't know why we have a judicial system in this country as it seems that no matter the outcome only one was acceptable. Like Float said she's playing to her base.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't be disgusting.

SetVol13, justingroves and Unimane like this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We tend to weight President of the United States above... whatever Maxine Waters represents... mostly because of the power and responsibility difference.

So I don't know that we can conclude that they were equally wrong. So I wouldn't say "wrong just as Trump was." Because the power and responsibility of the office of the President is substantially more, and the wielder should be held to a higher standard.

4. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I never said equal, I said both were wrong. She's an elected government official, that should be a pretty darned high standard, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If we can’t hold the President of the United States to a higher standard than “well, he said a lot of shit he shouldn’t, but he didn’t actually explicitly order the rioters to descend on a coequal branch of government because he wasn’t happy with the outcome of an election” then frankly, I don’t really know what the point of any of these conversations are. Because the United States of America is just waiting for a hapless janitor to accidentally unplug the life support

Edit: this was an aside and not directed at peel

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait until you are asked if you can smell what the POTUS is cooking in 4 years.

7. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

As someone who tries to be somewhat moderate I find it rather infuriating how everything is political these days and needs to be spun. Then Spun again and then again just to fit the narrative.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

At that point, can we change the name from United States of America to The Nation of Domination?

9. fl0at_

It's not two wrongs making a right. It's two wrongs being weighted, similar to how our judicial system works, as you noted. Petty theft is worse than grand theft. High level government is worse than low level government.

I'm not saying you are saying they are equal. But I'm qualifying why shouldn't compare the two in the same sentence. Because they aren't equal.

It's like if I said.... "That kid who shoplifted gum from Kroger was wrong, just as Bernie Madoff was."

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I must have gotten lost in your "who started the fire" garbage and misread. I'll withdraw about the insinuating he was alone piece.

You said you didn't see any chance anyone would be rioting at the Capitol. You suggested I likely didn't either. By your statements, it's hard to imagine how anyone, even Trump, might have predicted that riots were going to take place that day. But you want to hold Trump responsible and claim he "incited" the riots with a bunch of figurative "fights" and a call for peaceful protests?

Meanwhile, you've admitted that you "absolutely" see riots based on this verdict. Assumedly, Waters sees them as well, and there she is, in the thick of it, calling for more confrontation.

Your last statement about rhetoric blowing up is mind-blowing.

I don't care about planning. It doesn't matter to me if we have the ability to plan for the building to be burned down or not. What matters to me is whether people are pushing for the building to be burned down. We seem to be in agreement that Waters saw the people, who just came from another building that was already ablaze, holding torches, and she looked at the next building and screamed "burn baby burn!" That's significantly worse than Trump using non specific, figurative language with people holding torches hidden behind their backs, not knowing they intend to burn the building down.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I disagree and don't think the boogeyman wanted violence and the capital to be stormed. Saying he wanted that is more bs than anything else and born of straight hate for him.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She didn't tell people to "be confrontational." She gave a speech in a city already suffering from riots and said that people needed to "get more confrontational."

So, yes, more confrontational, in a place that is already experiencing riots, means committing violent acts.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But they're not "more confrontational" than riots, which are already happening in the place where Maxine Waters is telling people to get more confrontational.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're the one that aligns with him on everything.* You're equally disgusting, by association.

*citing ssmiff

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sorry man, gonna have to show me where she said “loot an additional Autozone”

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never have I ever rooted for the University of Florida on anything under any circumstances.

17. fl0at_

I said on election day. If you aren't going to read, and make even the smallest attempt at understanding the words, please just leave this site. On objection day, there were lots of predictions.

Trial days are a lot like election day... we don't have the verdict yet. But, even before the trial, I would have put money on rioting depending on verdict. But even on the next election day, I won't put money on rioting at the Capital. But if Trump, or someone like Trump is elected again, and then loses, I absolutely will believe it possible. Because his rhetoric rials people up.

We are not in agreement. She's not seeing anything burn. She's not pointing at any buildings that will burn. But, let's say for example that she is. It may be right for her to say that that building should burn. I cannot say that it shouldn't burn now. If in 30 years, it comes out that the election was stolen, Trump and them would have been right to approach the capital. But no evidence points that direction.

Right now, evidence surely points that acquittal is on the menu. And if that's the case. Burn a building. Whatever.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m just trying to understand why the context matters so much for Maxine Waters and so little for Donald Trump. Because it sure seems like Indy’s whole point here is that the situational context only matters for one of them

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're going to dig in on your sarcastic comment that fell directly on its face? Really?

She doesn't have to specify Autozone for her comment to be specifically calling for violence. Violence is already happening. More confrontation for a place where violence is already happening is... you guessed it... more violence!

20. fl0at_

Whether he wanted it or not is irrelevant. He got it. His people did it. That should be enough to "straight hate" both.