POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if it IS a matter of recovering records, they should come and say so plainly: he had things that should be in the national archives. This is over. There is nothing else going on relating to going to his house. They can't just let this fester like they did to H. Clinton. It's toxic for everyone. Be clear.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Overkill (i.e., let's drive this ten penny nail into this piece of balsa wood with this 16 lb sledge hammer). Not the right tool for the situation.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hypothetically, let's say this is about official and classified records that should have gone to the National Archives. Trump has negotiated with them, turned some over, but the Archives know he is holding on to some while claiming he doesn't have them.

Is it over-reach to just go and take what should be secured? I'm not so sure.

EDIT: no/know, what the hell

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am hoping that this is the hammer that finally squashes the bug and not some simple records retrieval.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is just record retrieval, they have done harm by not saying so.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

For his sake, I hope he acid washed everything

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Didn't the already raid the place last year to get the first round of records?

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The pundits probably desperately want there to be more. I do too. I want the guy to go away and never return. But even if all it is is a records retrieval, you can believe if I had a stash of classified documents at my house the FBI wouldn't have a problem raiding it to get them back.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what strikes me about the "if they can do it to him, they can do it to you" stuff.

Yes. Under the right circumstances, the fbi can and will raid my house. That's how it all works. If a judge signs off on it, they can search anything I own.

What is the desired alternative? This only applying to some people and not others? Inequality under the law?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it was like this. They showed up and collected, but it wasn't an unannounced thing and they didn't go into his safe.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's really dumb because they're a lot more likely to do it to me. They chickenshit out of loads of things because "they don't want to appear political" which is actually being political.

HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is a notorious shredder (and apparently flusher) of documents. You have to wait till he is gone, go in hard and grab everything. Same way you deal with any crook or mafioso boss.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is the dumbest response. Of course they can do it to us, and already do. This is actually a good thing in terms of no one being above the law. Acting like this sort of thing never happens to "ordinary" people is hilarious.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is Trump that announced this, could this all just be a narrative his camp is pushing for their own benefit and the media is once again swallowing hook, line, and sinker? Could this be not very different from when they came and collected things for the NA before?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I continually am amazed at the cult of Trump. People I know, sensible, smart, rational people in all other matters worship the man. I do not understand how they cannot see through him or his act.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Worship is the key word. He's a messianic figure to them. This is as much about religion as it is politics.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My sister is like this. I'd literally never heard her or her husband utter a word about politics, then all of a sudden there is a Trump flag on their trailer, baby pictures in Trump related clothes posted on Facebook, etc. and they take any and every opportunity to defend him without having the slightest [uck fay] as to what they are talking about. It's wild.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has the blueprint on how to handle this.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not entirely sure this isn't all his invention. How do we know this occurred? Trump. Who is driving the narrative around it? Trump. For all we know, the FBI came and collected archive stuff the same that they did last year. Everything else is hype, potentially.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think a lot of people are just tired of career politicians and want someone else. I bet if Cuban would have run instead of Trump people would be worshiping him. Trump just hit it at the right time.

justingroves likes this.