POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wanted to have a conversation about this in Sunday School last week but my wife told me to wait until the beginning of class instead of the end to bring it up.

My take on this, Trump isn't a great guy. If he had shut up and just been Presidential, he would be remembered as a President that did what he said (for better or for worse) and attempted to step outside the box. Instead, he's a guy that "owned the Libs" to his fanbase and a mix between Hitler and Satan to others.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trump just broke the game, and shouldn’t have won in 2016 but he did. And a lot of people can’t/won’t process that and reflect on why he won.

The game is a corrupt, broken, and horrible game but to those wanting to still believe in the game. Trump is a direct attack on what they want to believe.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He is a grifter and con-man. A very good one, with the major backing of a national TV network, a major political party and a myriad of politicians, social media influencers and Podcasters who want to cash in on the grift.

It reminds me of the Jim and Tammy Baker grift. They just had less communication avenues to con.

Both sets of "followers" go to great lengths to rationalize their behavior and that of their "hero/heroine". Neither will accept nor admit they were/are being conned.

gcbvol, VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why wouldn't DT release the copy of the warrant?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Easier to stoke the fire when you can claim shit that isn't on the warrant or when the warrant is rather innocuous and banal. Yes, I used innocuous and banal in a sentence.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize retaining classified records is a felony. New law signed by Trump in 2018.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I 100% get why Trump won.

But that was 2016, and this is 2022.

We learn more and more every day that he's a borderline psychopath. He doesn't give one flying [uck fay] about anyone other than himself. He is 100% the same as the "establishment"/"deep state"/whatever-you-want-to-call-it he is just a better showman and con-man and can "attack it" from the inside.

It's amazing the number of smart people that refuse to believe or admit this. Move on. He brought issues to light? Great. Find someone else to carry it on.

gcbvol, Unimane and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think he’s a savior and think he has a shit ton of personal flaws and could have been way more effective in leading.

But he’s not the same as what we had before and it’s going to be interesting to see where it goes because both major parties have huge branding issues

We have three major historical cycles hitting at once. The rest of this decade is going to be wild but I think we come out better from it. But it will be ugly going through the transformation.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Trump was the Butch Jones of presidents. Used car salesman that depended on dumb people falling for his shit to get where he was, wasn't qualified for the position, had some success/did some good things because it's almost inevitable in the position he held, was supported well beyond what any logical or rational person would do by his fans, very punchable face that was often an unnatural color, piece of shit.

cpninja and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pleading the fifth is absolutely the correct decision, regardless of the underlying facts. It's ironic given previous comments, but even if he's done nothing wrong he may accidentally harm his case in NY. Anyone saying but if you don't have anything to hide..." is just wrong. There's nothing one could say to make this go away, so save it for a jury and judge.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

According to Trump himself it is not the correct decision.

"So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment, like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" Trump told the crowd at an Iowa rally in September 2016.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said, it is ironic

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

But, but, but <insert one of the million excuses his supporters will give for why this is different>.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trump is herpes. He’s just never going away.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

All good points. In simple terms, I believe most look at their lives during Trump and since. Regardless of who is responsible for what, everything was less expensive and people in the market had record growth. Illegal immigration focus as well. Really don’t think voters would care who they voted for, obviously with Trump, when comparing their lives and environment around them during the last 2 terms.
    Gun violence, suicide, especially teen all up, record inflation across the board, supply chain issues, war in Ukraine, covid fiascos, etc the last few years. Again I’m not saying Biden is responsible. I’m saying it’s human nature for people to think about where they were, where they are and where they want to be. Could be Trump or anybody.
    All jmo

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the same token, someone might remember covid and losing their job or blm and riots threatening their business, or losing their reproductive rights. I think you are right, but the variety of perspectives and angles include that kind of stuff too. We are truly divided.

Ssmiff likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Besides being a complete tool and idiot who's done some weird Trumpy turn for attention, Gabbard also brings up something which utterly annoys me. No one seems to know what a [uck fay]ing banana republic actually is. A complete failure by social studies teachers everywhere.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

A banana republic is affordable khaki pants, right?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

thick ones. More like a Docker