Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, but I can put it on the 60 inch screen.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if he’s playing a bit, big screen and vols online. Sometimes it’s tough for freshmen to get PT against 22 year olds. He may be a stud though if he uses his fathers hate of Jews and channels it.

justingroves, utvol0427 and Unimane like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A follow up.

Played today.

We on 35 to 0.

They had 0 first downs. 0. My starters were on the sideline chanting defense at end of game when backups were in. They are taking pride in it.

Felt so good.

NorrisAlan and Unimane like this.
  4. CardinalVol

It's Maryville/Alcoa week.

[​IMG]

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

OK, that is pretty good.

6. Ssmiff

Hs ball down a bit in wmsn county. Summit won state with the twins but have nothing left. Brentwood has no qb with 6’6 TE, 4.5 kid outside who will go to Vandy probably and Walker Merrils little brother at slot and transfer rb from Texas. They can’t score.

7. CardinalVol

So Saturday we had a b team Jamboree. 4 teams participated. We played everyone 1 20 minute "game". One of the teams was actually the main team from one team. They've not won a game nor have they come remotely close all year. I believe one player had played before and it was a struggle.

So Saturday in their last game they beat Alcoa's b team 6 to 0. And those kids and their parents celebrated like they won the super bowl. Even the Alcoa parents and coaches were applauding for them after the game. The coaches walked by and I congratulated them and they were grinning from ear to ear. It was just really awesome to see those kids have some success because it's been a long, long season for them.

droski likes this.
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Gave up 16 runs in my first game thinking I had no pitching (scored 15). Won the next two games 9-2. Fall baseball natter to some. Ha ha

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  9. CardinalVol

While watching last week's game, I was horrified when I realized I called a toss sweep to the short side of the field. While many of you, understandably, list the short yardage shotgun as your biggest football per peeve, the toss to the short side of the field is mine. I could only look on in terror as I realized and watched it happen in real time. Never felt like such a football hypocrite in my life.

HCKevinSteele and justingroves like this.
  10. CardinalVol

Won our semifinal game last night. Round 2 with Alcoa in hurricane remnants on Saturday.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just calling against tendencies, coach.

12. CardinalVol

I ran qb keeper to the short side of the field for a td last night. Faked it off tackle and that whole team went for it. Just rolled him and and he waltzed in.

13. Ssmiff

Son is a soph now and ran a laser 4.7 at D1. Chance we could get that down close to a 4.5 with some work on the start and get a little stronger next year or so but looks like he wants to go to UT and play lacrosse for UT club team. He saw the helmet and wants to wear it..

Attached Files:

VolDad and InVolNerable like this.
  14. CardinalVol

Update!

Game is now tomorrow night!

15. CardinalVol

Took it on the chin.

16. NorrisAlan

Did you take away the teams pizza as punishment?

17. CardinalVol

Man, Alcoa had a kid that might be the best I've seen yet. He is as close to unstoppable as an 8 year old can be. Mix in a 2nd back that would be most other teams #1 and they are darn near impossible to stop.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A lot of games are decided at conception

justingroves likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

And when Mommy and Daddy were both D-1 athletes................................

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

I often wonder how many people just refuse to understand how important genetics are in life. The whole "you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it" is the biggest lie we tell our kids. I understand the importance of thinking that way, but lets be frank, it isn't true.