Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

EDIT: Nevermind. Vols won lol. I still don't remember the game somehow.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  2. I've been to Athens twice - 2004 and 2016. Both wins. Both incredible games, and we didn't have any issues with Georgia fans (although the ride home after 2004 with a couple of them in the same vehicle was interesting). But I still have no desire to go back to that place.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I recall, it involved recovering a blocked punt in the endzone when already leading substantially.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I went to Athens in 04 and we gave them absolute hell after the game, since they gave us absolute hell before the game.

Even the kids were cussing us. And I got punched in the back of the head by a UGA fan.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kinda how it was in 06. We went through hell. Then we got down 24-7 and went through more. Then we hung 51 on them and gave it back. Stuff I wouldn’t condone but it was earned. Some jack wagon stole my camera and I ran him down and recovered it

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That play made the cover of Sports Illustrated. I've got a copy of it in storage somewhere around the house.

Is being on the cover of SI still a thing? That used to always be a big deal. Is SI still in print or is it digital only now?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

We were down 24-7, made it 24-14 right before half and then boat raced them in the 2nd half including said blocked punt. They ran a kickoff back or the score would’ve looked worse.

yeah the blocked punt was on the cover of SI

8. JohnnyQuickkick

We also saw Andre 3000 at Six Flags the day before

OneForVol likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

UT +8 is the easiest money you’ll ever take.

Ever.

thagodfather, tvolsfan, IP and 2 others like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would you put UT's chances at, straight up?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think UGAs defense is a liability. And I think if we can get pressure on State Farm Stetson we win easily.

I’m glad we are the dog, though.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that is what I am thinking. I don't see Georgia defending much better than Bama or Kentucky, and I don't think Stetson is better than Young or Levis. So it seems like a result somewhere between the Bama and UK game is the likely outcome.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the kind of game planning for Tennessee's offense has to happen in the offseason, with more complex defensive audibles and some kind of strategy for setting up traps. In effect, the defense would need to mimic the kind of things the WR and QB are doing with options and "reading." Can't just roll that out in a week or two before a game.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If UGA can't get to Hooker, Saturday will be a great day.

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

So funny…now that the Vols are good again, the next game is always the most important game of the season, but when JH drags his nuts across Sanford it will enter my top 10 favorite wins of all time.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. CardinalVol

Yup, another big game, Lexy is making an appearance.

Lexvol likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

Also, for all of you young'uns experiencing the feeling of excitement, nervousness, terror, and more excitement - this is how it felt in the 90s. It's the cross you have to carry when you are good.

thagodfather, gcbvol, Lexvol and 2 others like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do we have to do to get Tenny back?