2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But good luck to him. I prefer this than losing to Bama, Florida, or Georgia.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Now we have to sweat Boo Carter.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The volquest guys, who really won't say anything unless it's a lock, liked where Tennessee was at with him

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Get Mincey back, grab a serviceable tackle in the portal and let's ride. Deon is a high charisma guy that is probably tough to say no to. We'll see if that translates to building a program. I think Heupel could upgrade recruiting at a couple of positions.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This has been the weirdest year of recruiting I can ever remember. The number of times we were confident going into an announcement and then had the rug pulled from under us is astonishing.

6. Unimane

Now people are worrying about Boo Carter and the South Carolina coaches are pushing for the Staley kid we've had committed for months. What the [uck fay] is going on?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It seems to me that Boo Carter has always been touch and go

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Boo supposed to start bowl practice soon

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Boo is very talented but also kind of a head case and disciplinary problem. He got kicked out of Chattanooga Christian which is part of why he’s been to three high schools (he then had to leave Brainerd for Bradley because he would’ve been ineligible for football under TSSAA transfer rules). To be frank I think it would be an upset if he made it through college anywhere. If he does stick with UT (I still think he will), we will have to have eyes on him almost 24/7.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

UT has always been this way. The number of times [uck fay] Auburn came in at the last minute under Fulmer and bought...I mean, grabbed players was predicting the sun rise.

Why? No clue. Beautiful town, beautiful campus, good weather and everything you could ask for. But for some reason, we just lose out at the end. Always been this way.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  11. Unimane

Ugh, give me a break. And, shut the [uck fay] up, Bayless.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Interesting selection criteria.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Boo projects as Tyrann Mathieu on and off the field.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If being around people that look like you is important to you, not sure *checks notes* Boulder, Colorado was the right choice, kid.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

“You claim you’re a dog, why you not coming to Colorado? Why you not helping somebody who looks like you?”

[uck fay] off.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Ol' Deon working all the angles.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"Around you" is relative and Deon-approved for public consumption.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's going to be in for a shock when he gets to the front range.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I will say this, if we don’t hold on to Staley and Boo, it’s going to be an awful close by the staff. No commitments since August 20th. This was the top concern with Heupel.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you keep him eligible 3 years, you're doing good

Memtownvol likes this.