OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What are y'all doing up there....

Bye-bye cold beer? Tennessee bill aims to ban sale of refrigerated alcoholic beverages. What to know

The future of selling cold, refrigerated beer in Tennessee could be threatened thanks to a recently introduced bill in the Tennessee Senate.

HB 2845/SB 2636 or, "The Tennessee Prevention of Drunk Driving Act," aims to prohibit a beer permittee from selling at retail refrigerated alcoholic beverages or cold beer in an attempt to discourage consumers from drunken driving.

The bill was introduced on Jan. 31 by Rep. Ron Gant, R-Piperton, and Sen. Paul Rose, R-Covington, both of which have been involved in previous alcohol related legislation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bye-bye-cold-beer-tennessee-155656967.html

3. CardinalVol

It won't go anywhere. If it makes it out of committee I'll be shocked.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Close all the bars in the state. Even that won't cure it, but damn, cold beer from Weigels isn't the main culprit, I wouldn't think.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m competitive and I just can’t go out to the course and play like I did today and enjoy it. Was even thru 6 and end up with a 90. Pathetic

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

DUI is bad. But this has gotta be for show. I agree, it probably won't make it out of committee.

I bet the beer maker lobby is in full swing. The grocers, convenient stores, etc.

Do they have those drive-thru beverage stores over there?

Gonna be alot of skunky beer sold. And alot of craft-brewers that go belly up. Alot of beer fridges bought. And alot of cold beer sold across state-lines. "Hey, Hon. I gotta run up to Virgina and pick up couple of cases of cold beer. I got the ice chests loaded in the back of truck. Be back in couple of hours. Want to ride?"

Put one of those breathalyzer-thingies to start a car? They did seatbelts. Hell, vehicles cost $70k, what's another $5k.

7. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I saw this late last night and did some digging, the rep that put the bill out there got hit head on by what I assume was a drunk driver. He has some other bills related to that to.

That said, if that ban me from being able to pick up a cold sixer on the way home on a bad day, I'll go straight redneck on capitol hill.

8. CardinalVol

I have stumbled upon the weekend alpha male boot camp videos and oh my.

IP likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you see the price tag for this experience?

10. NorrisAlan

The whole concept of the Alpha Male is so flawed and counter productive I don't even know where to start.

11. CardinalVol

I did. That also brough another hearty laugh.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would call it a scam, but lordy it isn't like they're being misled. "We're gonna treat you like shit for a weekend. It will cost 7 thousand dollars."

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

An irony is that the behaviors in primate research described as "alpha" and "beta" somehow have reversed in popular culture of humans. Being an "alpha" chimp is getting along with the females and being part of the community. Being a "beta" chimp is being individualistic and aggressive/combative.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

And the guy that first wrote about Alpha Males in wolves retracted it after doing more research.

15. CardinalVol

Some go as high as 18K. 18K!!!!

It's a grifting scam, 100%.

Now, do I think that a well done military-like week long boot camp could be beneficial for people if done properly. Yes, absolutely.

This? No.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

justingroves likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Hope the kid inherited the dads IQ

19. CardinalVol

The best is the lady on Twitter saying that none of us are smarter or sanny enough to not fall for this and in return she's being laughed off the internet.

If they made it to that point the "don't contact an attorney" part would blow me away.

20. Ssmiff

Actually kinda hope I get that call have them grabbed at the pickup. Even if not a big lead supposedly, the driver got paid and got directions from somebody.