The WNBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NashVol11, Jul 23, 2023.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

She did pretty well IMO

2. NashVol11

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This Doyel thing is dumb. He’s always been borderline cringe. He did some cringey fanboy shit, but I don’t for a second thing it was anything more than just cringey fanboy shit

He apologized for the cringey fanboy shit. Why are we still talking about it?

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  4. NashVol11

I think part of it is that now when this happens, the Internet starts searching through his old tweets and that adds fuel to the fire

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The folks that want the WNBA to grow should seriously consider directing all this at the Clay Travises of the world instead of someone like Doyel who genuinely wants his local team to be exciting and succeed

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  6. NashVol11

People do direct this at Clay Travis, Outkick has been getting clowned for playing the victim after missing the deadline for a credential. I doubt anyone hates Doyel more than they hate Travis

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Not Clay Travis specifically, he and the myriad clowns out there like him.

My point is, the league and women’s basketball in general has enemies. Doyel isn’t one of them, cringey or not.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Because it's fun to make fun of people doing stupid shit. I do think people that are trying to make it more than him being a [uck fay]ing weirdo are reaching, though.

InVolNerable and emainvol like this.
  9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

100%. She said, "I do it to my family after every game", to which eventually said something like "Do it to me and we'll be good". I think it was an extremely bad failed attempt at trying to say, "Welcome to the [Indiana sports] family".

And when you fail that badly and cringe-ily with something where nobody gets hurt, you deserve to get made fun of vehemently. But I don't think there was any ill-intent at all.

The people that go digging through 15 year old posts for gotchas are just as cringey, imo.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I feel like he was trashing Tennessee for firing Buzz Peterson 20 years ago? Idk, but pretty sure there was something. [uck fay] that dude.

11. InVolNerable

Oh, if that's the case then [uck fay] him. Let's cancel him.

12. InVolNerable

NashVol11 likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That’s awesome. NBA product is not good and more and more people are not watching

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is it too early to say that Clark has done more for women's basketball than anyone since Summitt? The jump it has made in the last two years seems to be significant. Speaking for myself, I know more about women's basketball right now than I had previous combined knowledge about the sport and it's because of Clark. Hell, for the first time in my life I actually went out of my way to turn on a women's game and it was to watch her. That led to me catching a few minutes of a USC game, too.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hell, the fact that we are on page 8 of a WNBA thread on this board is wild.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He graduated from UF. Pile on.

InVolNerable likes this.