Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Perhaps...but whether she planned it or she snapped...it was rushed...maybe it's the medium, but if this is the same thing that happens in the book, I hope GRRM is more elegant with her descent.

Other than that.... Episode was visually stunning.

Arya getting a white horse at the end was idiotic.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bran works in mysterious ways

Tenacious D and VolDad like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's what Targaryens do

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's see him control the dragon and it eat Dany

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's always been a tad sadistic, but she had people talking her off the ledge. They're gone and her must trusted advisor said to burn it down before her head got chopped off.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Not one beep out of the asshole about Kings Landing impending doom.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

she was cool with her brother's murder. she justified murder over and over because of her inherited claim to the throne. when she found out someone else actually had the better claim, she told them to keep their mouth shut. and she is pissed about being denied physical love from a devotee when she did the same to Jorah for a decade.

it is cut and dry. there's no twist. we've been saying she's a baddie for years.

but she's pretty!

tvolsfan and Unimane like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

tell the tarlys it was rushed. Tell the Masters she slaughtered it was rushed. tell the random peasants killed by dothraki it was rushed. tell the children in slavers bay eaten by dragons it was rushed.

not rushed. been obvious.

Unimane likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's an abbreviated list. she has been absent any moral code.

justingroves likes this.
  11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

A595A6B8-295E-49E1-BEAF-C3DE4CCD0740.jpeg
    I agree the writing has been on the wall for quite some time with the Mad Queen. I was hoping her previous acts were due to circumstances. Her brother beat her and sold her off to get what he wanted. No love loss there. The Dothraki clan we’re going to slave her and rape her so she burned them down. No love loss there. The unsullied owner wanted a dragon and she got the soldiers and told them they are free to leave or follow her and than burned the asshole down. No love loss there.

She was doing things early on that seemed to be for the right reasons. And in the end she became the very thing she despised in the beginning. Always there inside her waiting for the tipping point. She was like a high school girl with a dragon and got her feelings hurt when she was not the coolest kid on the room any longer. Jilted by her nephew lover and looked at sideways by the others that didn’t trust her.

Setting up for a great finale (hopefully). Mad queen in the house.

Ssmiff likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't watch until a few months ago and played catch up, but it was clear to see what she would eventually become.

IP and hohenfelsvol like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hell hath no fury like a scorned woman.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I haven't read anything yet concerning this episode, and just watched it.

Garbage. [uck fay]ing garbage. The deus ex machina change to the dragon's breath where it freaking is now some kind of exploding nuclear bomb is stupid. The fight between Euron and Jamie was completely and utterly devoid of any meaning and was contrived as hell, just to "close up the characters". All the character growth of Jamie was thrown away in 10 seconds when he went running back to Cercei.

Tyrion is a complete imbecile now. His time in Mirene just have made his brain stupid.

The only redeeming thing of this episode was the Clegane Bowl. It was well done and had a great finish to it.

And once again, a general puts all of his forces OUTSIDE of a castle. Wtf? He deserved to die.

Dumb. Perhaps the first 2-3 seasons made me expect more, but the last 2-3 seasons have been contrived and more of a action flick.

GahLee and reVOLt like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can see that Norris. Maybe it was my mood, but I enjoyed the episode more than all the others so far this year. Much of that could be attributed to how appeasing the episode was to the eyes. Amazing cinematogrophy

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The effects, music and cinematography were excellent. Top notch.

The story feels forced and ruins the whole thing for me.

GahLee, reVOLt and Ssmiff like this.
  17. Unimane

The Tyrion thing is so stupid. He used to be the best character in the show. I mean, I get they can't make him right every time, but damn. There's no basis for him getting out maneuvered by Cersei at every turn.

18. zjc44

zjc44 New Member

Tyrion’s plan actually worked. They burned the soldiers and got the city to ring the bell to surrender. All while he would save his family. It’s not his fault Danerys mislead him.

justingroves, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  19. Unimane

I'm pretty sure next week has Dany going after Sansa and Tyrion, too, if she found out he released Jaime (She will). Tyrion won't survive, but going after Sansa will finally get the best puppy look out of Jon's eyes and take down the Mad Queen.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's just it: people looked past things before because it was almost always directed at people we didn't like. But unfortunately, morality and "right and wrong" never was about who you liked or who you didn't.