Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tyrion is probably dead, Sansa is going to further reveal herself to be a boss. Jon will be a [itch bay] and do whatever is absolutely necessary and then sulk about it-- like always.

tvolsfan and Unimane like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not certain he was being outmaneuvered, so much as him not having complete control of the situation. How many times did Dany not listen to him? Several. Had she not burnt the Tarlys, it is impossible to know how much better the war in the South could have gone. Moves like that played right into Cersei's hands as the status-quo.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I disagree. Un has called it correctly from the beginning - this is who she is, and who she’s always been, both as a Targaryen and as a person.

She’s been a murderous psychopath this entire time....everyone just liked who she was being a murderous psychopath toward, or agreed with her stated reasons for doing so. But a murderous psychopath, nonetheless, and altogether. We’d gladly forgotten that there were a good many reasons why Robert rebelled against her family, and was recognized as the new King, once they were defeated.

Her wanton destruction and killing of innocents has now made her utterly irredeemable, and if the episode showed anything, it’s that Jon, Arya, Tyrion and Sansa must now destroy her...and Grey Worm / the Unsullied / Dothraki with her.

The only question now is how.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That Cersei didn’t fill him with arrows when he approached the gates the last time is the single most perpelexing thing I’ve seen. It literally matches nothing of what we know and the story has been told, thus far.

I love Tyrion, but that was just dumb.

5. zjc44

zjc44 New Member

Why? Cersei hates Tyrion but has never been able to get up the courage to actually kill him. And vice versa. Tyrion was even trying to save her just last episode.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The armies are the wild card. Dany is probably going to be taken out by Jon or someone close to her. Without her as a leader, it will be interesting how those two groups respond.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Quoting Larry Nassar now?

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yep. It’s the worst reviewed episode in the history of the show. It was bad. Real bad.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They should have made Danny say "Burn them all" before she flew off to start the BBQ.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Jon mounts a Dragon?

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Dany turning was always going to be hated by a lot of fans and critics.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Hound and Arya ride all the way from the North. Then they are within feet of their goals and the Hound says some pearl of wisdom that makes Arya turn around. Didn't they talk on their trip?!?

kmf600 likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Arya could have easily killed Cersei too. Would have been a better death that being buried alive with Jamie.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes. Before last night she was still a very popular character. But Weiss and Benioff decided long ago that she would die and needed a way to make her killing more palatable.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And that is not even the bad part of the episode, imho.

The pacing sucks, the story is contrived. Just overall bad writing.

reVOLt likes this.
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’m fine with that. That kind of dramatic license is more than fair for me. Basically every dramatic conversation in movies and television could have occurred at an earlier, more convenient time.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My only complaints are:

1. I really wanted to see Jaime kill Cersei and that I’m not sure I buy him escaping the camp so easily, even after Tyrion freed him. Surely someone would have been watching.
    2. Dany’s turn would have probably been better if the last two seasons were 10 episodes each rather than 13 episodes total.

zjc44 likes this.
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Exactly. We need to get rid of Euron. Hey I know let’s have him wash up on shore right as Jaime is walking by! It’s just laziness. Plus given the fact that the wounds suffered by Jaime in the fight had nothing to do with his death, that scene didn’t need to take place. Euron should have just been roasted on his ship.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just the dragon queen if you know what I mean