POLITICS “More Sensitive: Bunnies or East Tennesseans?” Discussion

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If they’re friends, how do you explain that you leave to go home, but they’re still homeless?

Have you no charity?

2. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Am I not writing well, are you not reading well, or both. I thought it was clear our friends are not homeless.

We do not have any homeless friends; yes, even I must not be perfect.

4. TennTradition

GS.

5. Tenacious D

My kids are exposed to Tennesseeans on a daily basis.

They’ll be fine. Maybe.

Attached Files:

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't understand why this has to be so contentious. There are obviously many intelligent, educated, cultured, kind and generous people in East TN - many post on here. Hell, I was born and spent my first 26 years there - get a load of me now! It's a fine place to live and raise a family, but at the same time it's not as diverse in some aspects as other places around the country. When I moved from Gray, TN to Chicago I was exposed to much more diversity in thought, ethnicity and culture. It facilitated significant personal growth and is one of the best decisions in my life. But it doesn't make me any better than my sister who has always lived in TN.

I also believe it was my East TN upbringing which positioned me to be open to accept and embrace the diversity and culture I experienced. It also made me easier to welcome by others. So, I think this is not a one or the other proposition; there are pros and cons with anywhere one lives. It comes down to personal preference.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What the [uck fay] are you even arguing about in here?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, again, is it not the same thing, especially when you use "easily"? He didn't win easily in 2016 and 2020 won't come easily, either.

9. TennTradition

I’m sure they will be fine - I mean, for your offspring.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, I don't know if there is sensitivity to the East Tennessee stereotype, but I got what TennTradition was saying and it didn't seem to me that he was laying down the uneducated East Tennessean line.

11. TennTradition

I said that we decided not to move back to East TN recently because we liked the political and cultural diversity of our current location and butthurt and crying ensued.

12. TennTradition

Because I wasn’t, unless you are overly sensitive and therefore couldn’t help but read that into it.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That does sound a bit smug but the arguing over it is [uck fay]ing stupid.

14. Tenacious D

My poor kids are so missing out.

Just look at all of this Uber-valuable diversity.

In Texas, it just rambles down the street.

[​IMG]

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Its really [uck fay]ing smug.

It wasnt "we like it here". It was "tennessee is way too uncultured" for their upper middle class woke selves.

Ive just made it a point to drive home hes just another smug upper middle class woke [Penis].

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You speak to the homeless?

Ugh. [uck fay]ing disgusting. Ick.

17. Tenacious D

What?! You’re robbing your children of the opportunity of befriending the homeless?

Aren’t there any homeless people in your town? How about drug addicts? Recently released felons? Hell, I’m sure that there are lots of people who’d be glad to crash on your couch.

How big is this Texas mansion, again? You couldn’t extend a helping hand to someone and squeeze one into your home, for these folks who really need it? Just one?

Or, do you only value diversity amongst the affluent, and who can afford housing? Those who’ve managed to avoid addiction, or have not been victimized by the racist criminal justice system?

Is that your game? Don’t you value diversity amongst all people?

You said you did, but clearly, you just meant “some” people. Not all.

You’re teaching your kids this stuff?

What are you, from East Tennessee or something?

18. Tenacious D

Brother, if you think that anyone in East Tennessee values one whit about diversity, I got some bad news for you - you just need to move to Texas and sort yourself out real good.

19. Tenacious D

TennTra said that he and his fancy wife are too valuing of diversity (read: he only really likes other rich and similarly decent folk) to tolerate living with us ignorant, bigoted, backwoods bumpkins in East Tennessee.

Something about our women are all made to lick boots, and he’s really, really smart.

Oh, and he’s rich. Too rich.

Not rich enough to help the homeless, addicted and felons mind you - that’s a different kind of diversity entirely - but at least rich enough to say that he’ll kindly tolerate their existence.

And then he demanded that everyone stand and clap for his bravery and immense wealth.

20. Tenacious D

Oh, Un is going to help in your defense?

Hell, you’re in the clear now, Boss Man.