POLITICS “More Sensitive: Bunnies or East Tennesseans?” Discussion

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 8, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Are you propositioning me?

My bad. I couldn’t have dreamed parents - even on a mission - would take a girl there.

They’ve inspired me. I’m going to do it to.

But just for a weekend. I mean, I’ll take the kids to the zoo to look at the animals so they know what they are - but [uck fay] if I’m going to move in.

I have a question I’m not sure how to ask so that you’ll understand it. Do you know what vaccines are? Immunizations? You might have heard a doctor call the ‘shots’ if you’ve ever made the trek into town to see one. Well, assuming you know what they are - are there any specific vaccines we will need before we visit?

2. TennTradition

Quick question - do you guys have latte machines there? I mean, I can bring my soy milk with me but my espresso machine is really heavy and expensive and I wouldn’t want it to get damaged in transit.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jokes on you, I don't pull out.

gcbvol likes this.
  4. TennTradition

From what I hear, the joke wouldn’t be on me, but in me.

Tenacious D and gcbvol like this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Bazinga!

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Out of the office for 2 days and get a Friday afternoon meeting scheduled with a Japanese lady. Heads are going to roll over this one.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

TT or anyone else -

Help me to better understand why you place such a high value on diversity, so as to allow it to be a major (primary?) deciding factor as to where you live.

I can honestly say that I don’t see “diversity” as being either inherently good or bad, and really don’t give it much thought at all, to be honest. I don’t go out of my way to seek out a diverse group of people, but I also don’t try to avoid or prevent it, either. As a lifelong rule, I instinctively and immediately dislike and distrust anyone and everyone, and never fail to find more than adequate grounds and reasons for doing so, and long before the need to ever consider anything involving their race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc. I’ve so closely examined the words, actions and intents of a person, as to feel no compulsion or see any helpful benefit in considering anything beyond that.

Simply...

I dislike GCB because he’s an asshole. He just happens to also be gay.

I dislike Obama because he was a terrible POTUS and because of our many and fundmanental political differences. I don’t even consider that he’s black, unless it directly relates to, or is dependent upon, my evaluation of who he is as a person and POTUS (for example: I believe that he avoided a great many and fair criticisms because he was the first black POTUS, but also because the left convinced everyone that anyone doing so must be predominantly motivated by his race. He’d still be a bumbling dumbass to me, even whether he was purple, green, transparent or tie-dyed)

I dislike Norris because he’s against Trump, and not because of his fat heathen God.

I dislike VolDad because he’s too damned willing to hold a centrist ground, and not because he illegally entered this country.

I despise NYY for the incalculably times he missed providing the sexual satisfaction that he promised, and not because of his self-styled status as being a cis gender.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong, and I sincerely mean that.

But if diversity is such an important element / point of emphasis for you, someone who I easily trust as being both thoughtfully sincere and intellectually honest in your beliefs, it gives me pause to further consider both your positon and my own.

8. TennTradition

Is this like a Go2Meeting or is she flying in?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You know nothing of pulling out, as Indy’s repeated panic at the possibility of your making him “butt pregnant” should easily attest.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I guess she's just one of the unlucky Denso people who got sent here.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Who dat?

12. Beechervol

Didn't know that. Learn something everyday.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dolly

14. Beechervol

She good with money.

15. TennTradition

Truth

16. TennTradition

I don’t even know if that’s the right way to say it. But I’m an ex-Tennessean now I’m Texas.

17. TennTradition

TD - I actuallly have to work right now because my Obamaphone broke and I need to make some quick cash - but I’ll teply later to your tl;dr.

18. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I don't say this as a criticism of TennTradition because I have no idea what is going on with him but it my experience the actively seeking out of diversity is a bad move.

One reason is that the people who actively seek it out tend to have the same views across a large spectrum of issues. Certainly there are exceptions but I can predict with a high degree of accuracy of those people on most political/religious/social/etc. issues. Strikes me as being less diversity of thought within those groups then there are within groups who attempt to actively shield their family/children from diversity (home schooling/certain types of private schools . . . ). Those people tend to have views outside the larger culture precisely because they have tended to shield their families from other views.

I also think it tends to promote a sort of "other" view of those who are dis-like them. Which is sort of the exact opposite of what is intended. A black person is seen as just that, a BLACK person. Its why so many of tht group of "diversity seekers" are somewhat shocked when a black person (or whatever) doesn't fall into the expected pigeon-hole of thought that is expected.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Speaking as the "anyone else", I like meeting/exploring different ideas, places and people. Locales with a mono-culture tend to also be mono-thought and become stale, in my opinion. I enjoy being out of my comfort zone and having my perceptions and ideas challenged, forcing me to consider my preconceived notions about the world might be wrong or need adjustment. Living in Knoxville and rural Wisconsin was perfectly fine and enjoyable with some really wonderful people. I could live there again and be perfectly happy, but I find it more enjoyable to branch out and discover.

gcbvol likes this.
  20. Beechervol

You a Tennessean living in Texas to me. Lol

TennTradition likes this.