'13 TN WR Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jun 7, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wide Receiver
    Knoxville, Tn.
    CAK
    HT: 6'1"
    WT: 183
    40: 4.5
    Class: 2013

Supposedly committed this morning to Tennessee. He's teammates with Brett Kendrick.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You must have missed the mini-meltdown we were having last night in another thread.

I hope he's shades of Larry Seivers fwiw.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If we keep this up, we might not be able to whip Bama, but we will beat the piss out of Maryville by God.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

This commitment is huge for the program. This will give us a chance to have 2 exciting wins every year against Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Dooley wants do something that no other coach has done in the history of Tennessee football....lose 8 games.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I wouldn't go that far. But when we play Sweetwater, we're golden.

Just looked back at CAK's record. How did they lose to 3-7 LaVergne??!!

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Youth and injuries according to Dooley

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I take it this is another lowly ranked prospect?

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

As lowly ranked as one can get. 0*'s.

9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Nobody understands the power of Dooley's recruiting prowess. He finds prospects no one else can find. I wish I could follow this flawed logic. It would make me feel so much better about Tennessee football. What I can't figure out is that if Dooley is such a great evaluator, why are all these kids not getting other big SEC offers after Dooley gives one out to them?

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Good lord. This class was looking good until we decided to become the CAK alumni team.

11. hallowed_hill

Supposedly a freak athlete. But aren't they all right after we get a commit? Smells like 3* to me, based on combine #'s and HS stats alone.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they commit silently on the spot and no other coach wants to battle Dooley head to head for a player. I thought this was common knowledge.

13. hallowed_hill

Only among the enlightened. The rest of us aren't privy to that sort of stuff, because we're too busy causing the downfall of the program and setting unrealistic expectations.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He had almost 2000 receiving yards last season.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Doesn't CAK play a style of offense that makes Mike Leach look conservative?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Damn. I wonder if that is a state record.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And his on-field performance pales in comparison to his off-field performance. If you could measure the strength of a Dooley recruit's character --that'd be like taking a rocket and sending it to space, and then, y'know, traveling around Venus, then if you mathematically divide that in terms of airspeed; if you could calculate that with the amount of character --if it could be compared in any way, the character of a Dooley recruit is gonna beat any NASA rocket. Not that it's the same thing 'cos its a recruit and a rocket, but if you could make a table of numbers, the recruit would be way up high, and I tell you any rocket would be way down below that.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm not saying the kid is going to be great, I'm just saying he did have just shy of 2,000 receiving yards. That's pretty good.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The threads on TOOS about Dools' ability to sniff out under-the-radar talent is pretty comical.