'13 TN WR Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jun 7, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That Grace school had a postseason ban didn't they?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes they did but I don't remember the specifics.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dunno the specifics but CAK turned them into the TSSAA. There is a lot of bad blood between those two schools.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IIRC, grace had a player on the team who was fron clinton, transferred there, had some legit issue w family, was living with a church member and had tuition waived. Kid was also a stud.

I could be wrong on details, but general issue is right.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

So you aren't going to give aid to three (if Charlie gets offered) SEC players but will risk everything for the lesser players?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Happens at Dyer County.

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

No player on our basketball team gets aid, even the kid who has a chance to go D1. We have had to turn down really good basketball players that wanted to come because they couln't afford. Why would the school give aid to football players but not basketball players?

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

sounds like the high school boosters need to give the UT boosters a refresher course in supporting your team ...

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Which sport makes more money?

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Neither and the school doesn't need what little money the football program would bring in.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Neither sport makes more money than the other? They make exactly the same amount every year?

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The most popular method of late is having parents work the gate for a fee coincidentally matching the cost of tuition.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Freaking awesome post, imo.

14. JayVols

Another uncannily (is that a word?) awesome post. Hate I'm late getting in on the action.

15. JayVols

If this is going to be the focal point, core if you will, of our recruiting at UT, I will be considering a transition to becoming the equivalent of a religious monk except I will become celibate on football instead of sex. On second thought, I may just shift my priority to the NFL.

Where in the hell do guys like Tha Don come from? Bleed orange my ass. The only bleeding that will be happening is the hemorrhaging of the scoreboard on the opposite side of UT's score. The sum[itch bay] that posted that stupid shit should be beaten and should never be allowed to speak on matters pertaining to football.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  16. JayVols

Agreed. I still like my quantum theory of alternate realities to explain all the Dooley glorifying posters. They sure aren't a part of any reality that I have experienced.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get that you can't sign 25 starters per class. There's nothing wrong with taking a flyer or two on some fringe guys. However, you do that in January, not June.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Your forgetting that when Dooley had the chance to do that last January, he went 0/4 in last minute local whities.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Doesn't matter who. The point is is that he signed 0 OLs and 1 LB and didn't use 4 signee spots.