'13 TN WR Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jun 7, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I agree those are major problems.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

It's a process. We must be patient.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Got a summary of our two commits over the weekend from a guy who 1) knows CAK inside and out and 2) should know something about evaluating SEC talent. His thoughts:

1. Smith is legit. Was one of the top athletes at whatever they call that combine deal in Atlanta. Ran a legit 4.5 with a bad start. Terrific talent, has trouble being motivated for every play and also in the classroom.

2. Kendrick is a project. Excellent pass blocker, tends to be passive in run and needs a lot of work on technique. Athletic enough to make it but needs to play angrier. Probably needs a redshirt. Excellent student.

Probably nothing new here, but I thought it worth reporting.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been told Smith is a legit ball player and Kendrick can be when he wants to be.

This was a CAK homer that told me this, so take it for what it's worth.

6. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Smith does not fit the "white receiver" mold that the posters on TOOS were giving him. He is very talented, with a reputation as a lazy player and student. Far from the typical blue collar that they love.

When he wanted he took over games in a way that reminded me of Dennis Rogan and Harrison Smith. 3A East TN corners to SEC corners will be quite a step up though.

I think he is more talented than most Vol fans are giving him credit for. From what I understand he did little to no camping and was only at Tennessee to work out with the QB High the day they offered.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Nobody is more critical than me and I think Smith can play.

Nonetheless, anyone who has seen Kendrick play and thinks he's anything more than DI-AA is insane.

Thanks for the update though, cotton.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Out four to six weeks with a broken collar bone.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

100% accurate; BK is a little lazy and needs to develop an o-linemen "attitude". Can't see him playing until later in his career at UT. BK is a great kid though... he can dunk, is a great passer and probably our best 3 pt shooter as well!

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Truth.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

You guys are getting good information.