'15 TN OL Drew Richmond

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by GahLee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Not sure how this rumor started but that is no where near the vibe I have heard around his school. OSU and Bama gonna make this one tough.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hearing that TN is looking good here. Butch selling early PT.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee would have 2 elite tackles and a very good guard coming in if he commits

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"Talked to a staff member this morning from M.U.S. and Vols are looking good. If you would have told me this time last year that Vols would be in this deep for DR I would have laughed in your face. The obstacles that CBJ had to overcome with that staff at M.U.S. make this so much more impressive. Vols are sitting well and a good season on the field would only make him a Vol for sure."

- Galilee on VQ

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Well, I guess he's a long shot because we aren't going to have a good season.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Said he's thinking about committing to Bama on twitter to a current Bama commit.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That would be a big shock to everyone closer to him than a Bama commit.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'll say it again, it would be a big surprise to his mentor and everyone at MUS.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Nm

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Should have just said he talked to Glenn Rogers.

The "obstacles" he speaks of were only there because Butch and Elder burned bridges with the school while at Cincy. That said, credit to Jones for mending those as best as possible.

13. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

The burned bridges were due to butch trying to grey shirt a kid out of MUS that he believed had the money to pay for a semester at Cinci. This kid was on scholarship at MUS. And didn't have the money to front a semester there. The coaches got pissed. Butch explained the situation since he thought MUS was an expensive private school that the kids chose to go to instead of being selected. Butch worked overtime this year so that the MUS kids had a fair idea of what he was trying to do. I've never seen a UT coach give two shuts about memphis like this and continue to recruit Memphis as hard as he does even though freeze has bag men throughout the city

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

That sounds like BS that Butch & Co are floating. This isn't about the kid not being able to pay his own way. He was sitting out the semester anyway as a GS bc of his dad's health. They red flagged the kid with the 'AA late in the fall bc they did want to honor his LOI...

And enough with this Butch recruits Memphis like no other... They are working hard for a few kids, but when Kiffin was here, UT essentially had a coach living in Memphis... They were everywhere in Memphis.

15. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I'd be fine with never going to Memphis again anyway. Seems like that area produces the most over-hyped and soft recruits every single year.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sure seems that way.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

A good portion do not live up to the hype. I have contended that for a while now. IMO, the private school kids in Memphis have panned out a little better over the last decade than the public school kids in terms of their production vs their rankings.

I do think that Richmond will pan out. I think he is going to be very, very good.

18. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

-VQ

Sounds like a Vol to me

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richmond, Jones and Stewart are 3 high quality linemen

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"Was told CBJ will be hard to beat for Drew Richmond. I am not saying it is over because of official visits to other schools. With teenagers anything can happen but CBJ has done an excellent job. With the young talent at MUS this could start a pipeline."

-galilee