'15 TN OL Drew Richmond

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by GahLee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Was told that if it ended today he would be a VOL.

If so, I must give some real credit to Jones on this one. Also heard he now has a girl at UT.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Btw, something to keep an eye on between now and Sept 9th when he announces...

Richmond is a really smart kid. Very witty and funny. I fully expect him to troll most of the fan bases on twitter and such. He has done it before when morons tweet stupid stuff at him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch gets it

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Get the kids we can and hit Georgia and Florida hard!

5. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Plus NC and Virginia. Mainly NC, GA, and Virginia.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Apparently, Fortenberry has made some comments recently that has everyone on edge. Sounds like its trending towards bammer...

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

As I have mentioned all along, its likely gonna come down to UT and Bama. Bama is selling him on recent success and amount of draft picks. Tennessee is selling him on playing day 1 and being part of this group of instate kids that will bring Tennessee back. To me, it easy for Tennessee to point out that he can easily be drafted just as easily here as Bama, so there selling point really just come down to recent winning history.

A coach and teammate of his told me a week ago they thought it was Tennessee if it ended last week. Both of them even seemed disappointed in saying that bc they are fans of other schools on his list. Bama has upped the heat a little bit lately and he recently spent his first extended amount of time down there, which I think is where the nervousness is coming from. He has been up to Tennessee quite a bit and I suspect that he will likely be up there again before his announcement. His girlfriend also is heading to UT in the fall (I believe). I think being friends with kids from this incoming class and early playing time might keep that edge for TN.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Btw the TN fan and the AL fan that seem to have a contest going as to who can post the much much stuff about their school are in the running for the Sab Pedo Award.

9. BigOrangeBeech

"That day is special to me, so I have had September 9 picked out for a while," said Richmond. "I have a school in mind, but I am not completely sure yet."

Via Chad Simmons interview

10. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Don't feel very confident on this one. Not sure why.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I never feel good about Memphis kids.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think we're good. Either way, we've already got the best prospect in the country.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

This, in my opinion, is good for TN based off everything I have heard for the last 6 months out of folks at MUS.

Also, Hubbs said that it will be a battle till signing day no matter which school he picks....that may be so on some level, but my experience with the MUS kids is that once they make a pledge, it is very rare that you see a flip.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

September 9th will be 9-9-14. If you flip those numbers around you get 1-4-99, the day Tennessee hoisted it's last national championship trophy.

Kid is all vol.

15. BigOrangeBeech

There you have it.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hearing good things.... based on that it sounds like TN and Ohio St are probably 1-2 with Bama right behind... trending toward Vols....does not hurt that his gf is going to TN....

Will still visit Bama and OSU before his school starts...

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Boom!

18. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Worried about those last two visits.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

OSU is this weekend... has a coach taking him....no parents going like they did to TN last week.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. But it's nice to be worrying about losing recruits to Bama and Ohio State, rather than Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.