16 yr old defense in DUI deaths --- "Affluenza"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by zero-sum, Dec 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, there's got to be a sweet spot. Something like parents making a very comfortable six figure income. 200k-350k.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lot of truth here.

I'll also say it really just boils down to how you parent. You can be loaded, poor, or anywhere in between and have entitled shithead kids. I've worked with really wealthy people who are as down to earth as can be. I know people who aren't rich at all who think they are kings and queens of the world.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm thinking more like low six figures. 200k-350K and the kid is going to be much more spoiled.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the parents can be down to earth, but at some point the money changes everything. unless you are the type that pretends you don't have a lot of money and don't spend it at all. I have one client with big money where the all the kids have worked for a living. that's it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Obviously location matters.

Edit: misread your post. I don't think 200+ means spoiled at all.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm talking on average. not guaranteed. even $300K a year in LA means you have a lot of shit other people don't and that can sap motivation. also can mean mom and dad aren't pushing you to take a summer job, pay for your own car, etc.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're probably right.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about in like San Francisco?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and to be clear i'm talking about the chances of maximum success for the kid. i'd guess the chances go up till around say $150K in income and slowly drop till you hit like $500K then I drops like a rock after that.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

almost makes it worse because your probably don't know anyone who isn't wealthy. skews your reality.