'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Haha an old school WWF handicap match with Buff

2. Joseph Brant

Good Lord what a game.

Side note, great analysis by Roenick and Weekes here. Playing stupid 5 on 6 is the norm now, I don't get the penchant for icing instead of making a hard first pass to try and clear the zone. Happens more than I can recall.

3. Joseph Brant

What a [uck fay]ing game.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Game on.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Whew. I may have gone into cardiac arrest at one point

6. Joseph Brant

Welcome to hockey, glad you're on board!

7. chef65

chef65 Contributor

He draws more than he takes and offers more offense than Salomaki.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm too old for this shit. While Fiala made a great shot, got to give props to Turris' grit & hustle digging that off the boards to get it to Smith & then Smith made a perfect contested pass to get Fiala the one on one chance. Great game.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still not a die hard to I turned it off when they tired it at 4. Preds not quite to the no sleep over sports level yet.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I watched about 10 min of the game last night towards the end and it was the first 10 min I've watched all year.

Like Card, turned it off after they tied. Just can't watch hockey.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Playoff hockey, especially last 2 minutes in 1 goal game, is hard to beat. Good UT football on a fall day will top it, but it is in[uck fay]ingtense

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I watched first OT. An elimination game would have kept me up.

13. Ssmiff

That was an elimination game for the preds, imo

JayVols likes this.
  14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Probably but literal. I like my 8 hours.

Ssmiff likes this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I've heard a lot of folks railing on Subban today. They need to go back and watch replays of the third and fourth goals.

On the third one, a meh forecheck lets Tanev move through the neutral.zone mostly untouched, Eks seemingly gains possession and then immediately turns it back over to Tanev who blows by him (and is a mile past Arvy who should have stopped him to begin with). Subban, seeing that Eks had taken the puck, starts to move forward, then has to reverse direction to attempt to defend a guy who has entered the zone with speed. All this and he still almost makes a tremendous play to block or redirect.

On the tying goal, Ekholm and Bonino both punt chances to either put a body on someone or take away a passing lane and Subban is defending two men. He can't leave the man right in front of Rinne so someone needs to stop the pass. He's borderline interfered with (now that I'm sober I'll admit that it wasn't a bad noncall) but the goal comes from the Scheifele who had floated out to the circle. It's a 6 on 5, someone is going to be uncovered, and Subban isn't superhuman, get in a passing lane

Alright, I'm through ranting.

JayVols likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Im not gonna rail on him. But he kindof flopped to get a call and thats what happens. He has room and time to poke that pass out if he's playing it right. Hes not perfect and D has had some horrible passes.
    My concern is the middle of the ice. They seem to own it and their counter is nasty.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I watched. Good game.

18. Joseph Brant

Watson being a shithead got the Jets and crowd in this one.

[uck fay] that guy.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pissed away a three goal lead in less than six minutes. Rinne looks lost.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unbelievable