'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Also, two goals were the result of a bullshit call on Watson.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Was a charge from my couch view

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

No it wasn’t. Even the announcers said so. Blues season starts next October. Go play golf until then.

4. Joseph Brant

Because the announcers are going to absolutely agree with me and vice versa.

Eat shit.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Hurts to be wrong huh?

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Defense sucks.

7. Joseph Brant

Ha.

8. Joseph Brant

Little room for error with all the lateral passing Jets are doing. Makes for good looks

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A shameful showing after the first

JayVols likes this.
  10. Joseph Brant

11. Joseph Brant

Oops. Refs blew that one.

12. Joseph Brant

Tough sequence with the mask. All I can figure is it was too loud.

The announcers saying he should've flipped it off are missing the point that you're probably getting 2 for delay of game taking it off yourself. Usually they'll give the benefit of the doubt with a whistle whenwhen the keeper calls attention to it. Bad break.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

So Tennessee, it hurts. Butch Jones would’ve been proud of those last two periods.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Watson penalty was absolutely not a charge.

Doesn't matter, when you manage 4 shots in a period that you enter with a 3 goal lead, and your goalie and coaching staff decide to take the postseason off you are gonna have some issues winning against a quality opponent with or without good officiating

That's a [uck fay]ing gutless loss and if no one shows up for game 5 it will be well deserved

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, I am sick and tired of this idea that you don't change goalies in the playoffs. Rinne is sitting at .901, you change that

How Predators fans, of all people, don't understand that you can change goalies in the playoffs and win after watching their team get shut down by Matt Murray (oh yeah, and Scott [uck fay]ing Darling) is beyond me.

You can say all you want about the defense, at some point the goalie who 90% of the fanbase has annointed as God himself should make a couple [uck fay]ing saves. And it's not like this just started suddenly in this series. He's been bad for 6 weeks, including the Colorado series

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good news: win tomorrow and you have home ice back.

Not so good news: that will be very difficult

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The Preds this year just feels the opposite of 1998 Tennessee football.

Looking back at the things that happened that year told me it was just meant to be.

The way the puck is bouncing, blown/bad calls (many obvious ones), the hot/cold nature of play and general body language tells me that this just isn't the Preds' year. I'd love to be made to look foolish for saying this, but the way things are playing out, I just don't see that.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a lot different mindset playing as the favorite as opposed to the small market underdog that is playing with house money.

JayVols likes this.
  19. Joseph Brant

2 skates off the surface at impact, going in high. It's a charge.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Until I see a definitive capture that proves otherwise, it looks like one skate is on the ice and principle contact is the shoulder.

JayVols likes this.