2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tankervol, Mar 26, 2012.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't know where Isiah Pead, RB from Cincinnati is projected to go but I think he could make someone a nice back. Other than someone really special like a Trent Richardson, I wouldn't use a 1st rounder on a running back while the game is like it is.

2. tankervol

tankervol Member

I think Pead would be a nice fit in Detroit.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Pretty excited with Cox.....................I just laughed

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

for the life of me i don't understand why you would draft anyone but richardson over james. havent' we put to rest this theory you have to be 220 pounds to be successful as a rb in the nfl?

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Compare the late late nineties through about 2007 to the last five years and get back to me.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's as much system as it is size for James imo iyam jmo.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Matt McGlothlin. He couldn't even get in the way of the opposing OL, much less make a play

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ayers was a LB that was moved to DE. Instead of letting him rush the passer, they had him playing contain on first and second down and taking him out of the damn game on passing situations

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Love how when Upshaw got drafted they showed a clip of him rushing Matt Simms. The angle he took their is no way Simms didn't see him coming, but he still stood there and let Upshaw strip the ball for a fumble.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Bad coaching rears its ugly head once again.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There is no doubt that we had much more NFL talent then, but what im saying is that the cupboard wasn't completely bear in his latter years either.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a good example of how important line play is

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ok... what the hell are the Titans doing? Is Jeff Fisher running sabotage in the war room? Two picks in, and we haven't filled our biggest needs yet.

14. chavisut

Broncs take Osweiller in the second, WTF. Why take a QB in the second?

15. chavisut

There was a major drop off in recruiting. Every SEC team sprinkles a few guys into the league.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I forgot about Lamicheal James. He goes to the 49ers. Also, talk about the depths of football hell, Vanderbilt had a guy drafted before we did. Casey Hayward to the Packers.

17. chavisut

Both of these guys would have made more sense for Denver.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Reuben Randle just got drafted and Gruden made an interesting point. He said that its hard to fall in love with any player in the passing game from LSU. How does LSU have such a hard time getting a quarterback? They are stockpiled with NFL talent at every position but that one.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They sign stud QBs every year. Just never pan out.

20. chavisut

Or bounce for Notre Dame.