2015 We Are Officially...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Jan 31, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 46m
    Tennessee deal with Nike is only $7.6 million in cash over 8 years. Shows how far program has fallen.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

CP dread hammocks for everyone!

3. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I guess he hasn't seen what Nike pays the other SEC programs.

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

From deerpark on derpnation. He works in the ad and has been talking about the negotiations for awhile.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do they pay them? If it is the same or less, SEC schools are getting ripped off.

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Look up about 5 posts.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Deer park said a week ago TN was staying Adidas

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks. Though if UT is getting 7.6 million over 8 years, we are getting lower end deal than most.

9. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Hubbs said this contract puts UT in the top 10 of Nike's highest paid per year.

By comparison, Alabama's current deal with Nike would only pay 6.25 million over the same timeframe.

10. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Nike came back with this latest offer and Hart jumped on it.

11. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

nike is just trying to get on board before we start collecting 'ships. #nikegetsit

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does that jive with the 3 mill plus 780k a year that you posted?

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The guy has always had solid info regarding something things UT Athletics, but I have never bought that he works in Athletics.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think Bama is in about year 4 of their contract so that might explain why they are a little lower. LSU's contract is only about 7-8 months old.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is nothing but good for UT.

16. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

The number on the left is the value of the equipment that the manufacturer sends each school per year. The number on the right is the cash they send to the school per year.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Stolen from BigOrangeBri via Secrant. Not sure where he got it from, but seems legit enough to me

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Is 8 years longer than usual or standard?

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If my understanding from a follow-up by Hubbs is correct.... Nike deal is anywhere from 800K-1 million less per year vs what Adidas offered, however the Nike deal is front loaded 200K signing bonus this summer and 800K in more gear to transition over to Nike.... and Nike is giving them a 13% merchandise revenue share vs Adidas' 9%.....So if you made 1 million from Adidas, you would make 1.44 million from Nike...Also, TN can renegotiate at any time for higher as market dictates throughout based on improved sales/play/etc

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Saban has a separate contract with nike. Bama's number I'm sure doesn't include that.