POLITICS 2018 Midterms

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Oct 5, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've said this before, but my wife and I have had a a bunch of insults because a white guy, with a black girl, from black people. Only problem is, she's not black, but I guess her skin is pretty dark. Which leads me to one question, is it the color of someone's skin, or the culture that people don't like?

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If they are over 5 I doubt it’s just the color of the skin that they are convinced they don’t like.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She sounds hot.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I genuinely believe they're just not using their brain and couldn't even tell you. They just don't like something that is other than what they view as themselves.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So I'm watching that the Florida Senate race that has officially gone into a manual recount. I read the phrase "over votes" and "under votes" and how officials need determine voter intent. I strongly disagree with the notion that we need to determine voter intent and instead only look at the actual vote. If you mark two circles, your vote is invalid (as the ballots clearly state) and should not be counted one way or the other. If you vote in every race but one, you didn't vote in that race and therefore there is no vote to count. Furthermore how do Florida machines not spit out ballots with over votes when the voter enters them into the machine at voting time? When I was voting in lowly Alabama, a young girl had her ballot kicked out precisely because she filled multiple circles in the same race. She was given a second ballot to fix the mistake and the original one was destroyed. Also, I almost never vote in every race during an election. If I've never heard of the people running for some 2-bit hyphenated agency I don't vote for either candidate as I'm not informed enough to make a decision. If someone came back later and looked at my ballot and determined since I voted mostly for R's I clearly intended to vote for Mr No-Name, I'd be pissed.

IP likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Because Florida

justingroves likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fair and valid. Therefore, you are disqualified from overseeing Florida elections.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Where is all the talk about GOP being sore losers now that a whole mess of them are claiming that voter fraud is why Dems won the House? Or why Sinema won... Or why there are state consitution mandated recounts happening in Florida that probably won't change the outcomes?

I sure do remember a lot of that when Dems lost their shit over Trump. Why is it different now?

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The Dems won the house fair and square. Anyone claiming otherwise is just butthurt.

justingroves likes this.
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Aka Trump.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He loses at anything and he is butthurt.

emainvol likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. CardinalVol

It has before. Saw a reference somewhere earlier this week I believe.

Tis part of the game.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This and gerrymandering happens all the damn time, and is sad.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a game for some. There are also every-day people with no real power in both parties who are apt to see these things as attacks on democracy when these things happen. Politicians can't beat war drums with rhetoric 365 days a year and expect people to see it as a long game.

JayVols and tvolsfan like this.
  18. CardinalVol

Another fun fact -

Democrats gathered 53.2% of the seats and 53.8% of the House vote nationwide. IMO, gerrymandering is a nice scapegoat a lot of the time.

19. CardinalVol

Why? It's worked for over 200 years.

As much as you want to believe otherwise, the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of Americans simply do not care.

tvolsfan likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't look at a place like Wisconsin and say that with a straight face.