2018 National Championship Game

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volst53, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

13 will win at least 2 of those trophies before he's done.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Here's to 38 more

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Glad Georgia didn’t get one. At this point one more for Bama doesn’t even sting.

chef65, TangoUniform and NashVol11 like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s going to be good.

Must have brass balls. After his interception he hugged Saban and told he had him.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Smart Richted

A-Smith likes this.
  7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Bama clearly the better team when their offense isn't limited. You could tell early on that kid was good, how did he not win the job originally?

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea. Safety cheated towards the number 3.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Didn’t help that the bulldogs basically shut down their offense and stopped taking shots.

TangoUniform likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Georgia did a lot of stupid things to lose that game. Why stop throwing when your QB had been able to keep the Bama defense off balance? Why stop running Michel when he had over 100 yards and Chubb hadn't done shit the entire game?

Georgia went full Fulmer, which lends me to think this was Smart's big shot and he blew it. They had the perfect storm of great senior talent brought there by other coaches and a very healthy year in a down conference division. I know they are killing it on the recruiting trail this year, but so did Fulmer for many years. I give it 50/50 shot as to Smart ever being back in the playoffs again.

TangoUniform likes this.
  11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think there is more to what Alabama looked like with a real QB vs UGA shitting the bed. The looked like the much better team.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Also they used their 3rd string QB as a punter. I doubt Kirby Stupid successfully navigates his own minefield of terrible ideas again.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They’re not just “killing it” in recruiting. They’re recruiting at a level that no UGA staff has ever recruited at before. Richt only signed two top-five classes in 15 years. Kirby is going to do that within his first three. Plus He’s got one of the best coaching staffs in the country and plays, at least at the moment, in a shitty division.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did either team run a screen pass or a simple late dump to an rb with verticals clearing space? I don't remember one.

15. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

did smart richt himself, or did Chaney chaney himself?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bama made a good adjustment of going more man in the second half.

The Georgia played some games with their zone matches in the first half.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bama ran a couple at least in the second half, one was a middle screen that got blown up and the other was to the outside and got 7 or 8. Georgia was too busy snapping it to Hardeman.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yup

19. kidbourbon

Griffin was good.

20. kidbourbon

That freshman running back is nasty, too. FML

TangoUniform likes this.