2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The defense has had clear leaks, but few teams able to expose them until tonight.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

We have multiple guys playing the worst games I've ever seen in a Vol uniform tonight

sbradle4 likes this.
  3. Unimane

We have no natural scorers. Grant and Admiral spoiled us, but there's no one on this team who can create points.

And, damn, this team cannot [uck fay]ing shoot to save their life.

A-Smith and sbradle4 like this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Looks like Florida is subbing in a couple of 12 year olds. This is fine.

5. Unimane

10-22 from the free throw line.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Everything is awful.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad I have a degree from another university to fall back on, because the way things are going that whole institution will be a large car dealership by this time next year.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Gloom despair and agony on me.

9. Unimane

May be the worst game I've seen a Tennessee team play since the Wade Houston days. I mean, I just can't get past the idea this didn't come from out of left field. All of our bad habits and parts were exaggerated, but not showing themselves for the first time. Can't shoot, poor perimeter defense, can't rebound, lack of quickness, suspect ball handling, and, generally, soft.

I don't know what the hell is wrong, but Fulkerson and Pons are worse than they were last year, way worse. Barnes' projects aren't shaping up and everything just seems so difficult, so much effort, lacking the fluidity of two years ago. I just don't like what I see so far this year versus expectations. I don't see any reason to believe we are more than 50-50 on reaching the second weekend of the tournament.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

According to Wallace we scored 7 points in the last 10:46... I don't care enough to fact check.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

And Bama is going in dry on LSU. Where the hell did they come from? The Anthony Davis UK team didn’t beat every team in the SEC this badly.

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

"that" ??

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Meh. We emptied the bench by like the 6 minute mark.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The school, the state, the everything. This is probably what the Mayans were talking about, they just wrote the 21 backwards because it was all so horrifying and disturbing.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It appears Uni isnt impressed with this team. I deduced it out after his 42nd post about it.

16. Unimane

Not surprising it took you that long.

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Typically Tennessee......get your hopes up thinkin they might have some talent get a good record goin, they ballin they killin it...then boom....sports talk shows nationwide got ya head lining they comedy relief spot. C’mone maine!

18. Ssmiff

bama up 40 and headed for 100+ vs 10-2 LSU and has a chance to set ncaa 3 pt record. 5 wide spread out with 5 shooters is the way to go.

19. Unimane

You have to have the guards and ball handlers to exploit the defense and one bad shooting night ends your tournament. It's hard to run a 6 game gauntlet under pressure to win games which tend to have higher pressure and more grinding, intense possessions.

20. Ssmiff

its more about the spacing for me. More room for isos and kickouts. We often have 3 on the same side of the floor it seems and no room to work, plus, another defender for help D. But yes you need slashers and shooters. Pons and Fulk don't fit the mold needed and announcers keep talking about us being bigger down low, but we arent. We are 5 wide bodies limited to post games.