POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

agreed, but how many poor kid/white kid moments does anyone really get in this day and age? he's a cat who has to have used up most of his 9 lives.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The polls seem to reflect this right now, but polls are pretty sketchy this far out, usually. Any Democrat has the chance to win against Trump, though, as we are so polarized most people will just vote along their party line.

I don't know if my expectations have changed or the environment has affected the landscape so much to put forth these people, but, damn, we really seem to have hit a point in our history with a dearth of effective political leadership between the 2016 and 2020 elections. The 527 Republicans in 2016, Hillary and the 412 Democrats this election cycle seem to be of the Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan of our time.

justingroves likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

Politics has become so cut-throat 24/7 now, most people don't want it, especially at the higher level. Then you are left with who we get to choose from.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why get into politics, when you can just buy one?

Poppa T likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

The boy wants to run for student council this year and I was harassing my wife the other night about our campaign plan. Long story short, I ended up telling her I'd never want to run for office because the behind the scenes stuff is more fun, and you don't have to be nice all the time.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm good friends with local office holders. But some of the shit they've had to put up with during elections is crazy, and no way I'd do it.

That's at the local and county levels. I'd hate to see at the state and national level, the shit that is going on.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This guy politics.

9. CardinalVol

Same. I'd lose it during one of our local county commission meetings. I don't have the patience to put up with some of the people that attend every sing one. And complain about everything done at every single one.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Biden, as one of the most centric candidates the Dems have to offer, really wins over moderates with the "We care about science, not fiction. We care about truth, not facts" line.

Damn, dude.

kmf600 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

you strike me as a green shirt kind of guy

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's troubling, because it isn't clear what he thinks facts and truth are.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think most of us are, just in varying ways. I usually tend to groan at hardcore MAGA-types but it's the far far left that make me green shirt.

I just can't take them seriously at all.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

folks who roll in to a public meeting with no intention of constructive dialogue ought to be laughed at more often.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

Yes, or become frustrated/annoyed to the point of anger.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That's a good bit of the US electorate, IMO.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I live my life this way

kmf600 likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

I can even pivot in the midst of something, if the situation arises. The time I was called a racist by a white trash skank in Wal Mart was one of those times.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I have some friends that are those types and usually the "truth, not facts" is the kind of logic that allows you to believe and know an subjective truth outweighs objective facts.

For instance, someone's truth could be "Mass shootings are horrific and the biggest threat to my children" while objective facts clearly iterate that, as stated earlier, lightning strikes are orders of magnitude more frequent and 3x more deadly. The facts just don't support the "truth".

But, facts be damned.

IMO there are a lot of this going on as more and more candidates outright flaunt support for cognitive dissonance. Biden is getting clowned for saying it, but I'd wager a good number of people clapped snapped jazz-handed this remark.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, exactly. like Williamson, who has said the equivalent in each of her debates