POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It will be.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’s feeling like it.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's that simple

4. Tenacious D

On a.

Continuous.

Loop.

Good. Luck.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I mean that Warren sound bite will play well tbh

6. Tenacious D

At a CNN hosted Democrat event in front of an audience that’s almost exclusively LGBT?

Yes.

Almost anywhere else in America?

Let’s see.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why would they play video of the guy who got less than 5% of the primary vote? When has one of the losers of the primary ever been highlighted or noted in any general election campaign? Did I miss some Rick Perry clips from Hillary Clinton's campaign commercials in 2016?

I always love these "This is the Moment the Democrats Lost the Election" posts Tenny does every few days or so, though.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The last little part is the problem. She’s insinuating that any man who believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman will have trouble finding a woman.

1. That’s both stupid and untrue.

2. It effectively alienates any man who believes that marriage is between a man and a woman.

9. TennTradition

I think this is where I’m supposed to say it’s genius. It fires up her base while trolling the reps.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's 3D chess.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I personally think it’s very dismissive and smug towards people of faith. I just think it plays in 2019.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t see it as a big deal either way.

I think it will give her points for people going to vote for her no matter what and will cost some undecided votes in fly over country.

13. TennTradition

It’s not a huge deal. Personally I don’t like it because I feel like it was spiking the football for applause and I’m pretty tired of politics as sport.

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

She gave the position exactly as much respect as it deserves. Basic civil rights aren't a "Well...we really should respect both points of view on this..." issue. If someone got up and said "I am old fashioned, and my faith teaches me marriage is between one man and one woman of the same race" they'd be laughed out of the room.

15. TennTradition

We also know that someone that doesn’t support marriage equality isn’t going to be left a single loser unable to find a wife. Given that, the last point seems more like spiking the ball than campaigning on her platform.

But let’s also face it - people somehow think they need to get popcorn out when they listen to their elected leaders. So if you’re not out there spiking the ball and dancing in the end zone, the masses don’t get their eye and ear candy and drift off.

Why does our political process need to be entertaining?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Off-topic, there is an interview with the guy who invented 3D chess and he says something like, "it's awful. So stupid." Lol

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a good point you have, there. Do you think you could put on this mascot costume and present it in lyrical form? Thanks. Ignore the fog machine and lasers.

TennTradition likes this.
  18. Tenacious D

Let’s see how it plays in the ballot box.

The only place it matters.

She owns it, now, as do they all.

It’s almost like someone just said that the more Dems keep talking, the worse it’s going to get for them. And it’s really not even started yet. This is all lagniappe.

19. Tenacious D

Yes.

That room.

They’d be laughed out of that room, no doubt.

20. Tenacious D

First, it was a completely staged question, from a friendly plant. Y’all think that these people are dumb, and that they leave shit to chance, I guess.

They’re trying to give her a personality, and which is going to prove more difficult than it was with Hillary. I can’t believe I just typed those words.

I’m sure it’ll work out this time.

My absolute favorite was her saying, “I’m cool with that.”....watching Bernie dab would have been less cringe-inducing.

Warren now has two poison pills (lying about Native American, lying about being fired for getting pregnant), and every second or dollar that the Dems spend on her is wasted. Please, continue.