POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, it's the PO-PO's fault everybody hates Trump. I can live with that.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is an implicit assumption in this piece that racial discrimination ISN'T a main(?) reason why many black people can't get ahead, but does it address why this assumption is being made? If one accepts socioeconomics play a major role in one's ability to "get ahead" in life, and one acknowledges that socioeconomics is somewhat inheritable (e.g. having a well off family makes it more likely for you to have various advantages), AND acknowledges that historically blacks were, you know, discriminated against... how can one NOT conclude racial discrimination is a "main" reason why many can't get ahead now? If socioeconomics matter (duh), why wouldn't a driver of socioeconomics matter?

I fully realize this is going to be red meat for "IP's a racist" kind of retorts from people who want to paradoxically and unironically contend acknowledging racism is in fact racist.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Imagine being this miserable of a human being

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...lary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard-groomed-russia.amp

“Hillary Clinton in a new interview appeared to float a conspiracy theory that the Russians are “grooming” Hawaii congresswoman and Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard to be a third-party candidate in 2020, while claiming 2016 Green Party nominee Jill Stein is "also" a Russian asset”

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

tell me about all the people the Clintons killed.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Vince Foster will always give me pause I don't care how many times they investigate it.

It's only a matter of "who" was behind it for Epstein. There are too many possibilities.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Honestly, I’m glad she said it. The Russians are behind Tulsi, and if she does run, I’m glad someone put that idea out there well in advance.

8. CardinalVol

Starting to think Bill hit on Tulsi.

9. CardinalVol

This Katie Hill thing is interesting too.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can you elaborate?

11. CardinalVol

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well she has a vagina so knowing him there’s a pretty good chance. The Ivanka thing at the inauguration still makes me laugh.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The 80s called. They want their paranoia back.

14. CardinalVol

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

16. CardinalVol

I really have two thoughts on this.

1.In normal times, this would be Trump's Waterloo. Just about every swing state is seeing manufacturing decline, and it should be hard to convince people who've lost jobs to trust him again given everything else. We would be looking at a massacre.

2. If Warren is the Democratic candidate, I'm not sure she can do it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

we need to start living in reality and training these workers up. same with coal miners. don't talk to me about cost, we are already paying it in tariffs.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not true for all businesses.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My fellow Progressives in the department were discussing the difficulty in having Warren as the nominee. She's scary to the suburban types who are drifting away from Trump, but have shown a greater proclivity to fearing the radical changes in terms of health care of which Warren is proposing.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

our health care system sucks. it needs radical change. unfortunately, this only becomes obvious for most people if they have a major health crisis. everybody thinks the net looks sufficient, only the ones who need it find out otherwise.