2022 SEC tournament predictions

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 8, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess I should say that I’m sorry I attacked you. I know the post you are talking about. I think you know basketball, I like reading your posts, and am glad you are here, Smiff

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dooley made me laugh. I also thought after the NC st game we were going to have a defense with a bama guy and was wrong. I did not care that he left. As I've said several times, I stopped carrying season tix after Butch blew the UF game going into q4. I liked beating the teams I said and I liked watching Dobbs, Jennings, Kamara, etc. Did not care who the coach was or that he was fired. Running for 250 at UF in a win was big. I like the W.
    Point being, your statement about sticking up for every coach is inaccurate.

3. Ssmiff

I was kindof being sarcastic and a little bored with pre tourney nerves creeping up. Got no beef with you at all. Just explaining it's more than sticking up for Barnes and a coach and depends on if I see players in position to make plays or shots or if I see us drop back a qb play action into a cb blitz in a 10-0 game about to go into q4 vs a deflated UF team instead getting a sack fumble going into the 4th versus another 6 yard running play vs them and game over. That's horrible coaching.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    A-Smith likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you legally read this to a class of Florida 3rd graders? I wouldn't risk it

gcbvol likes this.
  5. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I'd love to finally see Tennessee win one. Not sure this is the year but I'm hopeful.

Arkansas has played us tough for 1.5 games and Kentucky has the best team when they're healthy. Also given the Vols' propensity to lay an egg on offense occasionally I wonder if (when) it's going to happen again. Good thing is effort on D is almost always there which makes us a tough out.

Also, maybe it's just me, but ZZ looked off on offense against Arkansas. Not the way he was against UGA (which was totally understandable given the circumstances) but like he was playing out of control and couldn't rein himself in. Hope that changes come Friday.

6. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

For some reason I found myself re-watching the end of the 2016 UGA game several times the other day. Still puts a smile on my face.

7. Ssmiff

My son cried. He had been walking out of the room for 3 or 4 years wondering why I liked UT. Joy in that has nothing to do with supporting Butch

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Smith and Smiff need to get a room.

SetVol13 likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Oh go show a bunch of kids how not to play football why don't ya

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Springs over. Can't do that again for 4 more months.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nashville makes the most sense geographically.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'll believe we'll win an SEC tournament if it ever happens. Until then, I've seen too much to be anything except jaded, thinking it'll happen.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm gonna true fan you all so hard if things go our way. And call you negavols anway if it doesn't. Checkmate.

GSM

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In my lifetime as a fan, I've seen Mike McCarthy win a Super Bowl, but not us win this tournament. It's hard to believe with those facts at my disposal.

15. Ssmiff

Maybe it's not Kesling that's the issue, it's uni

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You can tell Georgia really wanted to go to battle for their coach

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between that and all the transfers, he must not be a super fun or inspiring coach. Not saying he is a bad dude, but what a disaster.

18. Ssmiff

I'm just glad he coached up KC in the handshake line about his fts, which led to a next game airball and 0% for the game

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tennessee will lose on Saturday, it is a universal law.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This Georgia team finished with fewer SEC wins than the 5-22 Wade Houston team.