2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Sammy Brown to Clemson. At least it wasn’t UGA. I kind of just assumed he’d go to Athens.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How does Clemson make these guys who have all the options in the world commit on the spot and have them not continue visits? Brown was high on the Vols and promised a return visit, then he's suddenly shut it down.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The lord works in mysterious ways or something.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of money

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe the kid wants to rack up stats against less competition and an easier road to a playoff. Not all kids want to play against the best of the best. He could be one.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kameryn Fountain committed to USC. Top 100 Edge rusher out of GA who had been trending heavily to Tennessee the past few weeks.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Boo Carter just committed to Tennessee over Michigan.

IP, justingroves, Memtownvol and 2 others like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll be surprised if he makes it to campus

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I didn't want to be the first to say it but yeah.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yeah he has some character issues for sure. The reason he transferred schools was because Chattanooga Christian dismissed him.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Better watch what you say or his mom will be signing up soon and trying to fight you.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not only did they dismiss him but I don't think anyone else in Chattanooga would allow him to play were he to transfer in.

justingroves likes this.
  13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He had to leave Chatt because of the TSSAA transfer rule. You have to move at least 20 miles away from your old school to be eligible immediately

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I guarantee you that she's been advised by multiple people to stay offline and you've seen how much good that has done.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If that's truly the reason then he's the only player in the greater Chattanooga area that has observed the rule. Shit, Bradley County has 3 high schools and it isn't rare to see a kid suit up for all of them.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He was enrolled at Brainerd for the spring and actually played basketball for them. But he would’ve been ineligible to play football for them. Hence the move to Bradley

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Also, it seems the original allegation was proven false. He is the cornerstone of the class on the defensive side. Playmakers gravitate towards him.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Even without the rule, no one really wanted the hassle

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He screwed up multiple times before he got the boot from Chattanooga Christian

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This. It should tell you all you need to know that they were more than happy to part ways with him even though it doomed any chance they had of making a run.