A&M Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 8, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The cult comes to town this week.

Heupel is 5-1 off bye weeks.

Is the Jimbo meltdown beginning?

We need this one.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Only concern is their defensive front. If Tennessee can’t establish the run, it will most likely be an ugly, low scoring type of game. Don’t see them scoring a lot. Their oline is as bad as South Carolina. Probably see a similar type performance as two weeks ago from our defense.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If you don’t include the COVID year, Jimbo’s road record in the SEC is 3-15.

justingroves likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

For the love of God, don't go back to the [uck fay]ing zone on defense

5. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Their playmakers in Stewart and smith can be game breakers. Max Johnson is also a tough SOB to play like he did with their line just letting him get tee’d off on all game. I’m ready for a good game.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Seeing Vols-3.

Both teams have a lot of weaknesses. We need Neyland to be a difference-maker.

Of our six toughest games of the season, only two are at home, and the other one is Georgia. Take this one, and we can still dream of ten wins. Drop it and we’re going to need some road wins just to stave off 6-6.

TangoUniform likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tee off on the qb and limit 3 and outs, Tennessee wins comfortably

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they sit back in zone and forget to run the ball some, it will be stressful.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee will lose if they sit in zone. TAMU is stout up front, the screens we all cuss will help wear them out

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's times like this where I wish we could just line up in the I and run downhill. Or at the very least just have a guy like Fant to really make use of.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I like the swings/screens/bubbles with Heuple cause he seems to have the blocking set. And he seems to use them when the defensive scheme is right for using them.

But, I hated them when the Jones/Pruitt coaching dumbazzery would have us do them and with 1 on 2/3 defenders. Of course, it could have been JG's dumbazzery that had a hand in it.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is what I'm worried about.

In a word, Banks.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think they eat up our offensive line. A lot of 3 and outs.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You spent too much time in Texas

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Concerned about that too.

VanJake likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Quiet week so far on the chat interwebs. Anyone? Beuler?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're really weird but also really confident.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I’m in Boston this week. 1 of my coworkers is a Gator. He gave me shit already. I met a guy from KY. He is all Kroger Blue. It’s weird to talk to a guy that owns you 1 min, and another you own the next. None of the Texas people care about the Aggies.

I just know Jimbo is like 3-12 on the road in the SEC. That’s close if wrong. We haven’t beaten aTm in the SEC. We have a home win streak.

Their QB is tough. He got pounded by Bama and kept going. I actually think it’s pretty even. But our HC is smarter and it’s at home. We can grind it out on the ground so I guess go traditional. It’s at home and we win running game. And Jimbo is dumb 10/12 games a year. Vols by 1.

Vols 24
    aTm 23

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They have the best run defense in the league, Joe and the receivers are going to have to make some plays. I suspect Heupel will have some ideas about how to attack them. Their offensive line is a ? too, and didn’t handle that raucous environment that is Miami too well, so I think our front should eat a little bit too. As long as Banks doesn’t decide it’s a great week to drop 8 all afternoon.

I don’t think they will blow us out, but any other outcome is on the table imo

Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

UT 40
    aTm 27

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.