A&M Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 8, 2023.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And I would projectile vomit

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they will lose to Ga and at Mizzou in a cold 11 AM game

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ha! I’ll gladly take it right now and so would you

4. TDVol1989

They were on the ropes today and escaped. The problem with your line of thinking is that while rational, you completely dismiss how much I hate the Gators. If the Gators win the SEC East or TN loses the SEC because of the Gators you will have mild gastrointestinal discomfort and a brief but entertaining online argument with VolJake.

I will have an Extinction Level Event. Moderate myocardial infarction, and a gout flare up. I might not watch the entire Basketball season even if the Vols make a Final 4.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. TDVol1989

A UF SEC East title???

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well yeah. I will take 11-1 with wins over Alabama and Georgia and not be physically ill about it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. TDVol1989

If that happens and UF wins the East…and you move on in a mature manner…then.well.you are a bigger and better man than me. Doesn’t mean I want to lose. No. But if we lose 1 game, and it’s the gators and that’s what costs us then I will be a bitter curmudgeon

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll take 11-1 and let the chips fall where they may.

JT5 and Memtownvol like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’d be so unhinged-ly happy I might joyfully streak down Broadway butt ass naked if we end up finishing 11-1 somehow. At the very worst we’d be the last team left out of the playoff if that happens. But I’d bet a lot of money that 11/12-1 would get us in. Hell, it might could even be to our advantage not to have to risk taking an L in ATL should 11-1 become a thing and Florida somehow win the East on a tiebreaker.

Let’s be very real though: Florida ain’t beating UGA. Them getting at least two SEC losses is inevitable

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Maybe when the wankers said we controlled our own destiny, in their minds no way the gators were gonna win out? They already penciled in 1 more loss, if not 2 more, for them.

I would be ecstatic if we went 11-1 (beating bama and Uga).

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Correct.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

But you don’t control your destiny in that scenario. It was just an inaccurate statement on the broadcast.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

BANG, you're dead.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. cpninja

cpninja Member

Was a nice change to have an opposing QB scrambling for his life/blindly chucking balls as he goes down and not have 75%+ those plays go for 10yds or more

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not going to lie, I was ready for every scramble, duck, over the head throw back in panic ball to land in a aTm player's hands and go for a score.

the last 15 years has really [uck fay]ed me up.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That guy was basically a tomato can but I think we beat them like red headed step children if he started for us yesterday

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You’ll never see a coach do this because it requires a 1000 IQ brain and a willingness to swallow a lot of pride.

But A&M should’ve taken a safety on purpose instead of punting on that 4th down on the 1. It would’ve kept them in the lead and not given UT a super short field at best, and the go ahead TD that actually happened at worst.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know how apparent things were in the stadium, but on TV anyone looking for PI could see that on virtually all of the deeper throws, the TAMU defensive back would have their hand on the bicep of the TN WR and be pulling his arm down well before the ball had arrived. Over and over and over. To the point that while I am on the same page with folks about Milton, it is a real factor this year that the WR's are not able to get into any rhythm. This has been all year. And some of the PI calls on Tennessee (not all, some) have been WAY less in terms of restraining arms and impeding a catch.

It is bad enough that the SEC needs to take a hard look at how TN WR's have been officiated. Something is up.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That play was so egregious, it makes me sick. It is like TN is on some blacklist or something. I don't get it.

But then, later in the game, we grabbed the RB's face mask and turned him completely around and the refs didn't call it, either. The refs just suck all around.

You don't see this kind of horrible play calling in the NFL because they hold their refs accountable.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We had 2 15 yard facemasks not called on us. Refs missed a lot and called a lot that wasn’t there. 2 holds were awful and stopped drives.
    They missed an obvious right OT penalty on our int. Play should have been blown dead.