About That "Free College" Program

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You do understand that the left only talks about the rich for show. They know they have to tax the middle class, because there isn't enough money by just going after the rich. The good news for them though is that the majority of the populist only looks at things on the surface.

That's why the press release for the program was weeknight news, and the details on how to pay for it were released Saturday night on a holiday weekend.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Right bait.

Wrong species swallowed the hook.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My bad. Plus they don't need a 529 to pay for college.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now I agree with you here. Given that 1 % of the world population will still control 50 % of all wealth, the idea that "there isn't enough money" isn't accurate. It is that the tax percentage would be so eye-popping that most who only look at the surface would have no stomach for it.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd love to know how much the administration and staff could be cut at some of these colleges.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The 1% isn't immobile. Trust me, the left is just as in bed with big business as the right.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No doubt. We'are all dependent on them, now.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Still one man one vote. However it will take a serious event to change people's mindset.

We're too materialistic, and as a society vote that way too.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Ok, if that happens, I will tear down every CVS and Walgreens in the Southeast to get your stuff.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My man.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

DC is filled with university types and the piles of money horded at universities can buy political clout.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I really try to stay away from the political stuff.... but the idea of a liberal taking offense to being treated with condescension and arrogance is just too rich for me to pass up!! The left has made an art form of condescending, patronizing behavior and the arrogance the entire nation has been subjected to the last 6 years has been insufferable... it's nice to see a liberal get a dose of it themselves every once in a while...

13. Savage Orange

And just for the record, I'm a Libertarian...

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Does that mean you're excited when Obama says we are going to commit 200 million dollars to whatever problem comes up, or does it make your skin crawl because, where the **** is that money coming from?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I agree, you clearly don't pay much attention to the political discussions here if you believe this.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I straight up laughed while reading it.

17. Savage Orange

The latter...

18. Savage Orange

Ha! Guilty as charged.... political run ins led to me self banning from VN... one too many rows with a certain mod...

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand i'm back in your corner.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just call em like I see em, same as everyone else around here.