AD Situation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 31, 2016.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The more this plays out, the more I think this new Chancellor will bring in someone that has zero ties to UT or anyone tied/employed by the athletic department. One of those 'send everyone to Google to figure out who the **** we just hired' hires.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Might not be the worst idea to let someone with no familiarity with the situation make the call. I mean, we've seen the alternative.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

True.

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

According to Brent Hubbs, Tennessee will probably go with a different search firm now, which happens to be headed up by a very close person to....wait for it.....Phil Fulmer. He indicated that this was likely to end right back up to Fulmer vs. Blackburn. Even threw out a question about would Blackburn join Fulmer...said it was known that if it were Blackburn he would certainly have Fulmer on in some role......

With that said, if Blackburn wants Fulmer in some role, why the hell would you just not hire him? I see no chance that Blackburn comes back as a number 2.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What. in. the. ****ing. hell. is. going. on. over. there?

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Please tell me that even the veople at VN think this is stupid, right?

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Not a chance.

These kinds of things have to play out. It's a process imbedded witb great resiliency and resolve. Competitive character. Takes 7 years to breed champions of life.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Have we hired a 3rd search firm at this point?

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

When it comes to Vols athletics, money is not a problem.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Except when it comes to actually spending it on a quality coach.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Let me educate you on economics

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

We hire three firms for a period of 6 months to hire Cato living in the pool house, but hire a midget with a flattop in 16 hours to do the actual corching.

13. nomojo

nomojo Member

I think the first search firm was hired to search for a second search firm. The more search firms, the more places to spread the blame if something goes wrong.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fixed.

This is the "leadership" of The University of Tennessee we're talking about. They couldn't stick a finger up their own asses with underground gas tank from a Pilot station full of Astrolube available to them.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

According to ESPN Peyton and Haslam are on a search committee. So at this point we have a search committee, hired 2 search firms, with an additional one on retainer, to hire a ****ing AD?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine if the money spent on this was instead spent towards coaches.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And they all are gonna write a potion of the contract. We're going to need an entire New York law firm to review the document.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

And a search committee to find the law firm, of course.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Truthfully the search firm money probably wouldn't pay a mediocre assistant, but good grief. How incompetent can a group of people look?

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

So this farce will end in Fulmer being hired? Any inside noise saying otherwise?

Suffice to say,if you asked Fulmer who are the current head coaches at Villanova and UCLA,his answer would be Massimino and Wooden.