AJ Johnson trial

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 23, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

May not have had anyone they felt could be trusted on the stand in the crosshairs of a prosecuting attorney.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As of yesterday, AJ was going to testify, and the defense indicated that they were going to call a witness.

So this diecison was made overnight.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve never gotten one. When I do it’ll be one of those where I get sequestered for 6 months

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

justingroves likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If from what I understand the whole case is:

"I was raped"

"She never said stop and invited us in."

I don't know how you can convict on this, and the damage done to Johnson and the other man are monumental already. Nor should you convict if it is just two people's story about what happened.

Ssmiff likes this.
  6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

A former player that has been in contact with some around them said they felt comfortable this week that the prosecutions case was weak and hard to prove.

It was even mentioned that there was talk of how coaches the alleged was and that Johnson’s attorney was really good at having his clients prepared of they had to testify.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I predict an acquittal, based solely on the fact that there is more likely to be 12 people who think she at least deserved it, if not outright invited it, than not.

Will be surprised if it’s to convict.

Their chances of acquittal will fall with each minute of deliberation, IMO.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There just isn't enough evidence to stick for a conviction.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. If it were me, I'd take my time though.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Put yourself in the jury’s shoes. Based on what you know of the case, how would you cast your vote?

11. Tenacious D

You know, I think exactly this...but then I also honestly wonder how many of these date rape-like cases come down to little more than he-said-she-said and the credibility of each.

So, I don’t know, but still think a conviction is unlikely.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't want to be on the jury. I think it turned into rape once Williams joined but how do you find evidence for that?

IP likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

I honestly don’t know - I’d need to be sitting there watching / listening to her testimony.

I think that given her honesty on some pretty important points - admitting that she had previously had sex with AJ, knew that she was likely going to have sex with AJ on that night, that he would have had “no way” to know that she didn’t want to have sex, didn’t deny any prior interest in sex with multiple partners, etc....I think that she’s going to come off as being more credible than some believe.

If the jury finds her credible, then everything else about her personal history, the phone, etc. is just so much unimportent noise, IMO.

I think Williams is in the greatest jeopardy.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Sentencing might be different, but if one is found guilty I don’t see how both aren’t found guilty.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, if they both continued after she said no then they're both in shit.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You see, I don't think it is that difficult, understanding what I know about the whole thing (which is little, as I have not been following it).

I think the return will be pretty easy. It is he-said-she-said, you cannot convict. You need outside evidence not reliant on the testimony of those involved.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

from what i've read i agree with that and would have a problem convicting without reasonable doubt.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Jury is now in deliberations

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

AJ didnt testify because it was unnecessary to win the case

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I thought the defense did a good job raising doubt with her claim that the two guys left her on the floor crying after it was over... from what I read it seemed like their assertion was that the door was open and right by the stairs, but no other reports of people hearing or seeing her. (They had a pretty detailed explanation)