An Angry Father

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

so the dad made the video for him and his ego? wow, where you get this stuff is beyond me. i see it that he made the video and posted it for it to be embarrassing to his daughter. nothing like being embarrassed in front of your friends to humble you

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disagree.

This was a second offense of basically the exact same thing it appears. Whatever he tried round 1 didn't work.

If she's going to be like that to him, she'll be like that to everyone else in authority and then we have yet another spoiled brat on our hands. My guess is that somewhere off the video this point was made.

He took a nuclear option to make a point. Unfortunately, that has to happen occasionally.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, IP, what is your solution for a disrespectful student?

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Really ly? Our system has took it away, and the kids know it.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, IP, what is your solution for a disrespectful student?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

From a former student's perspective, I disagree vehemently. It made no difference. The paddle made good kids scared and bad kids feel like bad kids.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Easy, you just don't give that one a sticker.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes, I have seen tough kids go down to the fetal position with one swing. Then our principal lets him recover, then informs him that there is another lick to be given. It's quite the sight to see such tough kids beg after disrespecting the teacher and even the principal, not even 2 minutes prior.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a symptom of a bad parent, and you as a teacher have no ability to control or properly address that. The solution would be to no longer make education mandatory and burden the system with people who don't value education and the necessary elements of respect and discipline that goes along with it.

Beating someone else's child will not help. A parent simply beating their child will not fix the underlying issue: the parent's behavior and attitude being imprinted on the child.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could be right on. I don't know enough details to be sure. I think it is likely she will grow up to be an egotistical [penis] like her father, either way. Great lesson.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know. I was refering to a comment you made about physical punishment. Sorry that I was confusing. It's all good, man.

I have a question, IP. No disrespect at all is intended. If I understand correctly, you are of Asian descent, correct? If so, is there a bit of cultural differences here? Just curious. And again, I mean absolutely no disrespect, my friend.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Realistic solution. I don't see the US sending these little turds to a trade school in my lifetime.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a great relationship being built there.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

My solution is realistic. More so than waving a magic wand against their backside that will exorcise out the disrespectful demons of a bad home life.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It works. At my school, teachers give these kids every chance possible. I didn't sign up to teach to grab some popcorn and a front row seat to see kids get paddled. Paddling is a last resort and is very effective. The kids that do get paddled will go weeks to months without any more discipline problems. So, like I said, it works.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So it's realistic to think these politicians will go against the grain and all of a sudden bad kids will get sent to trade school? I can't know how those kids act when they go home, but after that magic wand has been waved against their backside they do act right at school.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't know if I have ever heard a teacher who has been at it 20+ years say that not being able to paddles is a good thing.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sure she is. But I bet she thinks twice befote she does thus again. I would. I agree that pure physical discipline alone will not work. The proper and desired behavior must be communicated as well. Kids must know what is expected from them and when they don't meet those expectations, they must kniw there are meaningful punishments coming.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't whip them. Send them to ISS with me so they can attempt to nap, draw on walls and make farting noises.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you know of one that isn't burnt out on problem kids?