An explanation for religion

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Churches today have forgotten what you should come to church for. Todays church worry more about this committee and that committee. Some have turned into social clubs, I have a feeling that if Christ returned to most churches today He would be over turning tables again.

Church should be for ONE purpose and that is to worship Jesus Christ. My last church where I pastored had a cross behind the pulpit. I have preached from the back of the church and would tell the congregation to concentrate on who was on that cross because that all that matters. To realize that it was Him that died for our sins and Him alone. That I couldn't save you, this church couldn't save you, being a Baptist or any other denomination, that only Him and His love can save you. Some didn't like it, and I didn't really care.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I feel like we need to pass an offering plate after that post...........OV bringing the thunder!

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes. Very good thought indeed.

4. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I don't know Pierce so I can't comment on his ability to run the city. I thought Bennie did a really good job getting grant funding to make the city conform to ADA code which in turn made the downtown area much more appealing. I just think that his constant focus on ADA conformities and his situation of being a paraplegic made the general public feel he was catering to his own agenda despite anything on the contrary. Who was that looney toon they voted in after him?

5. CardinalVol

I forget his name. He was awful though.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Lol, most definitely.

OV, that is a message many would do well to remember.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's interesting to me that a church would turn on an addict considering some of the most devout christians i know are former addicts.

8. Oldvol75

Sad but true, some people just seem to forget where they come from.

9. Oldvol75

Plus I think thats why the Bible says that "Not all that say Lord,Lord shall enter the kingdom of Heaven".

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

If you didn't get an "AAAAAAAAA-maaaaay-uuuunnnnnnnn!!" then, I'm giving you one now.

The church house is just a building.

For the most part denominations are a creation of man.

And church members are just people.

Sad that some people put their confidence in these temporal things.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Y'all are losing me.

12. Oldvol75

You're assuming we ever found you.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, it was my thread.

14. CardinalVol

Where'd we lose you?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I unintentionally gave the opening remarks to a preachathon and revival.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The moment that we all realize that sin is sin, it makes it much more difficult to judge others. I've been guilty of it though. It's easy to say "well I'm not doing what so and so is doing."

The line between judging and disagreeing is fine. Very fine.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Preach it, brother.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's working on you, IP.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Lord works in mysterious ways

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think some people just want to live in a world where they can pretend everyone is a good christian like themselves. in other words, deep down they really don't care if it's true, but it makes them feel good to keep that illusion.