ANTIFA Goes to Auburn

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 19, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

College campuses are great places for large groups to meet, where generally everyone is unarmed, and law enforcement is less likely to take riot measures.

Public parks and such, not as true.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean on this particular story Richard Spencer got 10x the coverage Antifa got.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn

4. RockyHill

Given the results this feels like a silly comment.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm not talking about Nazi's. They successfully shut down Milo with their rhetoric not long ago, other examples as well on college campuses. I'm just pointing out that they are starting to receive what they've been dishing out.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An Auburn guy punched a woman in the face

7. RockyHill

I don't know where that happened but it wasn't in Auburn.

8. GahLee

Nope. Still confused. I'm wondering why you prefer made up examples to the actual events themselves.

9. GahLee

Are you talking about the clip posted above? That was Cal-Poly I believe.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm just trying to make fun of Auburn

11. GahLee

You don't need her to do that. Plenty of sourced material to be had. Haha.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty sure an Auburn guy punches a woman in the face at least once every 15 minutes.

13. GahLee

Imagine the exchanges between the "house divded" couples.

Yikes.

14. fl0at_

What made up example am I using? You are saying fights don't happen at football stadiums? And that all those dang "yappy women" that should know to bow down before men aren't a cause?

So, just what exactly is made up? Because it clearly isn't your bias; that's on clear display.

15. GahLee

I'm sure it happens. I'm also sure that nobody really cares about a couple frat boys punching each other at a football game on the behalf of a girl. It's not comparable to trying to incite a riot at a rally. Why you insist on doing this is confusing.

Why bias is that exactly?

16. fl0at_

That's the bias. You're arguing scale, that's it. And only on this scale because it's political in a way that you aren't. That's also the bias.

"Yappy little feminists." Also bias. When they are sorority sisters doing the "yapping" "nobody really cares."

It's the political nature of a common occurrence that leads me to comment that your comment is stupid, and biased, and I have no doubt that similar events would be labeled "brawls" if "yappy feminists" weren't involved. But since they were, it's a riot.

And that, is a riot.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not justifying any violence. I'm not sure how one can be pro-gun or whatever and condemn a 110 lb woman for having a bottle at the ready in a scene like that...

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Super mysterious research.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So firearms for self defense is the same as inciting riots and then assaulting unarmed people with a bottle?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So a bottle in self defense is not arms, or it is? I'm not clear. I see a riot, it's already incited. I don't see any assault "by" her.

Did it happen? I don't know. I see her getting assaulted, and it being justified by her being armed with a, uh, bottle? There are no real victims there, but there is a guy who chased and punched a woman full on in the face with nothing in her hands at that moment. She probably should have held on to that bottle, I guess.