Bad Boys.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Apr 17, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Krause also hired Phil Jackson, over the objection of Doug Collins, as an assistant when nobody else in the league would touch his hippie ass. His lack of gratitude for that will make watching his zen bullshit exposed as nonsense without Hall of Famers everywhere to back it up in New York even more fun.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sounds like Peyton manning logic

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I may never understand how almost everything else ESPN puts out there can be total ass while they knock it out of the park with documentaries.

My favorite part of this one was probably Jordan running his mouth about Detroit after Chicago went up 3-0... then being upset that the Pistons didn't hang around after game four to congratulate the Bulls.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

U read my mind. My guess is that their regular broadcasting is so devoted to their main product (NBA) and trying to gain a foothold on women and foreigners ( Soccer and human decency stories) that they leave no room for actual sports coverage of all things middle America.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Define " Peyton Manning logic" and how it has been used.

6. hatvol96

Not at all. The Pistons were better than the Lakers in '88. A call went against them that cost them that series. They then simply reduced the Lakers to a pile of quivering shit as they swept them in '89.

7. hatvol96

1. They are great looking back. ESPN's problem is they suck in the moment.
    2. That's how Jordan rolls. He's the kind of piece of shit who thinks there are no consequences to his actions.

8. hatvol96

It was a single call. Find a time Manning can reference a single shitty call as the reason for his failings.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Soccer? How much soccer do they have on the station? Not as much as I'd like, for sure.

10. Unimane

I've seen plenty of times in which a player runs his mouth before a game and they still shake hands at the end. The Pistons couldn't hack it that the upstarts beat the shit out of them and so they slinked off like little [itch bay]es. Hell, I'm happy that you pointed out that the Celtics did the same thing since the 80s Boston teams were one of my three least favorite eras of all time as it was. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one who consistently defends guys like Barry Bonds? Which shitty people are worth defending and which aren't? Besides, Jordan was very willing to give credit to the Pistons for motivating him and giving him a boost to his run.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Scott went out for the series in game one. A dude named magic went out game 2. Might as well tell me the Knicks reduced Jordan's bulls to a piece of shit when Jordan was retired.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Receiver ran the wrong route."

If they were clearly the better team we wouldn't be talking about a "shitty call."

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Peyton would have won if it wasn't for" fill in the blank excuse. Happens every time he loses in the playoffs.

14. hatvol96

Games they were getting their asses kicked in. I bet Magic's hamstring hurt a whole bunch worse knowing they were about to get swept.

15. hatvol96

The Knicks didn't sweep the Bulls in '94. That series went seven. It would have taken a twelve game series for the '89 Lakers to beat the Pistons three times.

16. Unimane

When Magic pulled his hammy, the Lakers were ahead in Game 2. I'm doubtful the Lakers would have won, but they never would have been swept with Scott and Magic healthy.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are seriously arguing magic mailed it in?

18. hatvol96

As Laimbeer said about Pippen, "On our team, unless you lost a limb, you play." I guarantee he was no more injured than Zeke was in Games 6 and 7 the previous year.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

After watching the documentary I remembered how isiah was one of the greatest choke artists in nba history. Comparing the pistons to the lakers and celtics of the era is laughable.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Laimbeer couldn't hang straight up, so he had to cheat and be a dipshit.

And btw that foul was completely legitimate. Complete body foul. A bunch of complaining losers.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014