Bad Football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maybe i need to watch it again but im fairly certain they went Trips away and we played with two LBs in the box.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Are you serious?

Like, serious serious?

Because that's dumb as hell. Like defending [ddiapos] and saying he needs more time after the UK loss level dumb.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Mizzou is a spread team that recruits like shit and they run downhill more than we do. At some point it's on Butch.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Period. Our offense design is crap.

5. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

It's a helluva lot easier to run downhill when you have an offensive line that isn't chock-full of Freshmen and starters who are still learning on the job.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Or when you lead the back, or have something the lbs have to think about before beaming straight at the rbs or keeping the de remotely honest or...

7. OrangeBlood79

We scored 32 on the road. We had a freshman 100 yard rusher for the first time in over a decade. Our QB, who is apparently awful, came off the bench after injuring his elbow on his throwing arm, threw two touchdowns with precision accuracy to get us within reach of winning the game...

I'm moving past the whole "our offensive design is crap" bandwagon. I'm still not a fan of Bajakian but I give credit where credit is due.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Pinkel has had 14 years at Mizzou. Butch and crew just needs that kind of time.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Last year?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia's defense is pretty terrible though.

Worley is average but average is probably 2nd best in the east.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Losing close to teams that play a terrible game is what Vandy specialized in for decades prior to James Franklin. At least he managed to win in those situations.

12. OrangeBlood79

Was the most underperforming, yet talented, OL I've ever seen.

Your guess is as good as mine...

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

UGA played terribly?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm skeptical of the gameday coaching of this staff. I get extremely frustrated at the playcalling. I get even more aggravated when people say "it's there but we didn't execute". It's the staff's job to find out what they can execute and continue to do it. If they can't execute, don't call it.

The improvement on defense comes from great recruiting. That's nice to see. Maybe the "execution" gets better with Dormady, Stewart and Jones.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They played the way they have played all season. That's not great but it's not terrible

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Couldn't tackle Hurd. Couldn't cover our receivers. And had nothing on offense outside of one guy.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get what you're saying, but at some point you have to give credit to Hurd and the receivers as being good too.

18. OrangeBlood79

That "one guy" has the potential to carry just about any team in the FBS to a win.

19. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

they doubled North most of the game. Would've been nice to have Pearson and Smith, but I didn't see our wr's running wide open except for the one to Pig early that was sailed and the swing overthrow to Lane. When Worley made some great passes, the defense was there.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And he did yesterday.