Bad Football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Remind me who UGA stopped. Troy? Did you see that defense?

Did you see the second quarter? The third?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No he cant.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Unless they are playing a team that struggled to take care of Vandy.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We might.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Maybe we just played well?

Relying on that one guy hasn't slowed their offense down yet.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The play calling I could live with yesterday, but the fumbles absolutely killed us and caused at least a 10 point swing. We would have a chance at a minimum 3 points with the Lane fumble, and if Hurd doesn't fumble in the endzone, we don't gift wrap 7 points to UGA. Regardless of play calling, the turnovers screwed our chances of winning. There are no such thing as moral victories, but our team is getting closer to what where we want them to be, but we are going to be in an even worse position next year with someone else starting at QB. Peterman is a goofball, and I honestly hope he doesn't sniff the field next year and Dobbs is the start with Dormady as the backup. I never thought Worley would improve as much as he has, so kudos to him and the staff for getting better than last year.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They haven't. Mitchell out was a gift to us.

8. chavisut

Malcolm Mitchell or someone else. Has he played this year?

Michel?

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. He has played. Marshall also played.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They defended us about as well as Utah State and Arky State. They aren't some defensive powerhouse.

11. chavisut

Surely we haven't improved just a bit. Nope. All on UGA being terrible.

12. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Listened to most of the game, but how does that change any of what I previously stated?

I'm just going to operate under the notion that, regardless of anything this offense does, you'll be unhappy with it...so I'm not going to spend my morning defending my point. It's far from where I'd like it to be and I'm anything but satisfied but, like I said before, I give credit where credit is due.

13. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Michel was out because our safety came up and knocked him out. If it was a gift, we delivered it.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We used the TE. Period. That changes the game. The offensive line might be worse. The options outside are obviously worse without Pearson.

We made one respectable change that is all the difference.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Mitchell was the gift you moron.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We played them about this tight last year. I said they weren't very good due to injuries then and they followed up by losing to Vandy.

They'll kill the adores next week, but the following two games will be a real struggle for them.

17. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

and we had Pearson and Smith out. So what. We would've stuck Cam on Mitchell. Their qb can't throw the ball anyway.

18. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

One thing I hated to see, is the fact that we didn't make UGA eat those seam passes all game long. I don't have to spend hours watching film to figure out that South Carolina wore them out with it, and we went away from it when it was working.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He threw better with Mitchell and Mitchell is their only option.

20. chavisut

Mitchell hasn't played all year.