Bajakian Leaving

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Jan 22, 2015.

1. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

This is good news, regardless of its timing. If Bajakian was anything more than someone to bring along on in-home visits in recruiting, its the first I've heard of it, so 13 days before NSD doesn't really concern me. Will it be used against us; perhaps, but it's not like we're losing an asset on the field, or off of it, for that matter.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Sonny Cumbie would be my first and last call.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeez, I forgot how dumb some Tennessee fans are. Probably because it is so traumatic.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Had to.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I know you are probably trolling, but this is not going to happen. Manning does not want or need the BS that goes with the job. If he has any thoughts at all toward someday entering the coaching field it will most likely be in the NFL.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

He'd be a fool to turn down what would likely be a very lucrative broadcasting contract (likely dwarfing what he could make at any level as a football coach) while also only having to really work a couple weekends a year. He could show up to a studio and have forgotten more about football while getting his fivehead shrunk down with makeup than a guy like Joe Buck has learned in an entire lifetime.

Unless he really loves football and wants to have no time for family, work 1000x more and earn less and be under constant public scrutiny.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He's VFL tho

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure Manning would be all that great of a coach, but that's probably a minority opinion from Mountain City to Memphis.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Randy Sanders OC Peyton Manning QB Coach and Tee Martin WR coach. Fire Mahoney and bring in Fulmer as OL. Johnny Majors takes over as official hastag and swag czar.

It's a 90s reunion all of TOOS can go crazy about.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just got out of a meeting on how to use a smartboard. It always fun when the person showing you how can't get it to work

11. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Manning ought to take the path of Elway; NFL Executive. I honestly don't think that Manning would make a great coach...great players seldom do.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

History would be against him being a great coach. Or even a good coach. The greats just cannot understand why other players are not doing what they are told.

That said, he has coached and worked some mediocre receivers into all-worlds. But he had himself throwing to them.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Eh, for all intense (in tents?) and porpoises he's a patient guy and other players have gone on record saying he's a good teacher.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Then get a clipboard in his hands ASAP.

Hell, just the idea of him coming home to coach would generate so much buzz it wouldn't be funny.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tell that to those kids in the SNL skit

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hard for me to imagine he'd have much patience with college qbs. and dc vol is correct, he'll be offered more to be a broadcaster.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

GOAT

[video]https://screen.yahoo.com/sincere-guy-stu-000000784.html[/video]

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I would much much rather have Manning as a power broker and booster than a coach.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

have one in our office. Hasn't been turned on in over 2 years.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Good answer.