Barry Sanders

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Feb 11, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Did you actually just write this?

I'd argue you're bad at math.

2. kidbourbon

Most overrated example of a person getting "run over" in history of football.

3. kidbourbon

The move he put on Milloy is just rancid.

4. kidbourbon

Craft?

It isn't focking candlemaking. There isn't a great deal of nuance. There's such a thing as the crafty old guy at the tennis club who hits a bunch of junkball spin sheeeiiiiiit that's tough to handle. There isn't suck a thing as the crafty old guy playing RB in a game of football.

Lolski

5. kidbourbon

That's not what you said. I can have the court reporter read back to you what you said.

6. kidbourbon

If Barry had been playing in Brown's era he'd have averaged about 11 ypc. And that's if they were playing two hand touch. No majority Caucasian D keeps Sanders under 200 yards a game.

#fact

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I see. You want to explain why RBs get better after their first couple of years in the NFL? Telling me they get too old to play eventually and therefore there is no craft involved is a rather dumbass argument.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Would -2 -3 and 20 be better? At home jerking off last night and angry?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The adults are talking here

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Rofl

11. GahLee

You know it's at least close to true. Whereas Jim Brown would be Marshawn Lynch in today's game.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep. Then there's Marion but I see him more like a Bettis type player. Nagurski was a beast but lacked speed for todays gm

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Brown would do just fine in the modern NFL growing up when Barry did. it's a stupid argument. Any modern day NFL player would dominate 50 years ago because of modern medicine, conditioning, etc. By that theory we might as well empty the hall of fame of anyone who played over 30 years ago

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't think a single person thought of the modern medicine idea when posting. That's not the point.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you think there weren't fast people in Brown's era? It's like telling me Carl Lewis is clearly better then Jesse Owens because there were less black track athletes and Carl Lewis was faster. Or Shaq was clearly better than Bill Russell. You want to tell me he would have done better than brown growing up in the same era? Fine. You want to tell me he averages 11 yards a carry? Then you are a retarded person.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I agree with this post.

17. GahLee

Yeah, he would do fine. Marshawn Lynch is doing just fine too. Modern medicine and anything of the like wasn't what propelled Barry Sanders and made him utterly untouchable.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Jim brown never got traded for a fourth round pick. Comparing the two is absurd. Did I argue modern medicine and conditioning is what made him good in his own era? I'm talking about the idea of putting a modern athlete in brown's era.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bo may have been able to keep playing football if that injury happens today. Jason Allen had a comparable hip injury and managed to stay around the nfl awhile.

Gale Sayers may be considered the GOAT if he had today's knee surgeons

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

I don't recall saying it was an example of anyone getting "run over".

I've watched the Raiders since 1967, and I watched that game. On MNF.

I'm guessing that neither of you were alive when this game was played, so you may be ignorant of what went on outside the game. And like I said, not knowing either of you two, I can only guess that neither of you are over 20 years old. I mean, who else but someone born after the year 2000 and thinks of themselves as a person would choose to be known as kidburbon?

I was there and here's some of what you two may not be aware of. Boz was a hype machine. He probably missed his calling, there is a real possibility he would have made a first rate professional wrestler. During the week before the game he had done a lot of big talking about meeting Bo Jackson on the playing field. Along the lines of Bo being nothing special, how he would handle Mr. Jackson, for Bo to bring it the Boz would take cre of business and on and on and on. Looking back, it was good stuff, but being a Raider fan I didn't particularly care it at the time. I think most people who watched the game enjoyed that play. This was their meeting on the field. Ran over or not, Bo scored. And the night was still young.

Afterwards, Boz's NFL career was considered a disappointment by many, while it is speculated that Bo would have been among the best RB ever, barring his injury.