Benghazi Blowout thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 25, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Hillary continues to try to distance herself from Obama:

President Obama recently coined to describe his foreign-policy doctrine: “Don’t do stupid shit” (an expression often rendered as “Don’t do stupid stuff” in less-than-private encounters).

This is what Clinton said about Obama’s slogan: “Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...syrian-rebels-led-to-the-rise-of-isis/375832/

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

She's been around the political block enough to realize she has to get away from him as far as she can.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The real cluster is going to be the ACA stuff hitting right after Obama leaving office.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Then she learned little from Al Gore. Who does she expect to run to? Obama still has a good swath of Democrats who like him and, if she can't convince a few independents to vote for her, then she doesn't deserve to be president anyway.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

completely agree. slamming Obama is a great way to make sure the people who got Obama elected in the first place stay at home on voting day. That doesn't mean you have to kiss his ass or something.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Since Bush Sr:

Republican (Bush)
    Democrat (Clinton)
    Republican (Dubya)
    Democrat (Obama)

Do the Republicans have a candidate, any candidate, that can continue the trend? Christie? Any far-right player will not get elected, I believe, but I am not sure a moderate can get the nomination.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

mitch daniels, mitch daniels, mitch daniels.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Holy crap, we agree. Seriously, though, I don't understand why politicians do this so often. The only politician that I thought it made sense to do so was for W. and that was only because Republicans didn't like Bush at the end, either. Otherwise, Hillary is in deeper with Obama than McCain ever was for Bush and it strikes people as disingenuous if she disowns something that she helped create. She doesn't have to embrace the Obama policies, necessarily, but specifically creating distance and putting people who are obvious natural voters at potential odds from her, is utterly stupid, if she goes that route. She has to realize that the 40% or so who gave Obama a positive approval rating are the ones who are most likely to vote for her.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You had no choice whatsoever, but to bash bush to get elected at that point. Obama might have a similar approval rating, but I get the impression americans still like him personally (and the polls used to show this) which was not true for bush.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It appears she has to the point of officially running.